Installing SUSE Linux on IBM SCSI-III HD

  • rbandu
    Message 1 of 1427 , Apr 27, 2000
      Hai, <br><br> I have a pentium system with
      Advantsys SCSI-III controller and IBM ULTRA SCSI 9GB HD. I
      am trying to access the drive and to install SUSE
      Ver 6.2 LINUX on it. When I boot the system with the
      system disk provided by SUSE, it would only sense the
      IDE drive and not the SCSI drives. Could some one
      help me in solving this problem. Looks like the driver
      for the controller is missing. I could not load the
      additional driver and am looking for one. Thank you in
      advance.
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .