Is SUSE better?

  • jimpurcell2001 <jpurcell@wi.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
      At my local Best Buy thay have few Linux distros. I already have
      several including MDK 8. What I'm looking for is better documentation
      that applies to the specific distro I am using. So much documentation
      seems to apply to everything but the one you are using. What is the
      latest SUSE and how good are the docs.

      Jim
    • D Lawson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2003
        With SuSe 7.3 I got the following:
        Reference Manual 349 pp'
        Applications Manual 183 pp,
        Configuration Manual 195 pp, and
        Network Manual 171 pp.

        I am currently using 8.0 and I have 8.1 on order. I
        got the update only in the latter cases. With the 8.0
        a 167 pp Update manual.

        I have used the SuSe distros for 2 -3 years
        specifically because of the thorough documentation.

        Hope this helps.

        Dave

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com