Re: How to login into Linux server vai LAN from Linux client

  • rwarner1
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2002
      You could use telnet or ssh.

      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "rajesh1803 <rajesh1803@y...>"
      <rajesh1803@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am new to SUSE Linux, hv installed linux server and client . also
      > installed NIS for server and client. I wish to login to server from
      > client. Can anybody help me out by telling how I can do achieve
      this.
      > your help would be greatly appriciable
      >

      > Thnaks
      > Raj
    • Rajesh Mittal
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2002
        Thanks for your information. My requirement is to
        login in graphics mode (KDE)in LAN so that files
        existing on server can be shared under open office
        application on client. I shall be tahnkful to early
        respond.

        raj

        --- rwarner1 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > You could use telnet or ssh.
        >
        > --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, "rajesh1803
        > <rajesh1803@y...>"
        > <rajesh1803@y...> wrote:
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > I am new to SUSE Linux, hv installed linux server
        > and client . also
        > > installed NIS for server and client. I wish to
        > login to server from
        > > client. Can anybody help me out by telling how I
        > can do achieve
        > this.
        > > your help would be greatly appriciable
        > >

        > > Thnaks
        > > Raj

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • rwarner1
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2002
          You could try VNC. This allows you to run XClinets for an XSrever.
          The other method (which does exist) is more difficult. I find VNC
          VERY useful for this. The other answer was based on too little info.

          --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Rajesh Mittal