SLES ins failed

  • ????????????
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hello
      i am experiencing the following problem, which is causing my great
      headaches.
      before i begin, i am new to linux.

      Problem:
      when installing SLES 3.1 using YaST2i recieve the following message
      during the "Preparing Your Harddisk" stage:
      "could not set upswap partition /dev/sda2"
      followed by
      "diskspace exhausted.Installation will be stopped"
      at this point installation stops, and i am returned to the initial
      installation screen.

      my set up
      dell poweredge 1400sc
      PIII 1.4
      2x Fujitsu 18GB SCSI HD
      512 mb RAM
      Partition set up:
      /dev/sda1 /boot 75MB
      /dev/sda2 swap 1GB
      /dev/sda3 / 2GB
      /dev/sda4 extended partition remainder of drive
      /dev/sda5 /usr 2gb
      /dev/sda6 /home
      /dev/sdb1 /var 18GB

      i hope this is sufficient info to garner some help.
      thank you
      ronnie regev