Windows Emulator "WINE"

  • thomastt37@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
      I have just installed WINE from CD-2 in Suse 8.0.I am getting a message
      asking whether I want to proceed without backing up windows files as WINE
      could "violate"
      my Win98 installation which is on the same Drive..If I dont back up what
      might happen,if I do back up,how much of Windows needs backing up?? Anyone
      have any experience of this programme,as Im a Newbie..Thanks M Hirons

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
        I am a noob too and currently experimenting with Wine myself .

        As far as I am aware, Wine only backs up Windows registry as a 'ghost'
        copy in the home directory.

        To do this type wine_set_default_reg in the root directory.

        Good luck.