SuSE 8.0 & ADSL (Help!)

  • netboxerusa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2002
      Dear User Group,

      I just purchased SuSE 8.0 Personal Edition and new to Linux for the
      most part. Before installing SuSE on my OS is Win XP & Mandrake
      8.2. I connect to the internet through my ADSL who the ISP is Direct
      TV. My ISP only uses DHCP and no PPPoe. Both OS has no problems
      connecting through DHCP - when I installed XP & Mandrake they both
      had no problems connecting to the net once I set the protocol to DHCP
      during installation.

      But, I am having so many problems trying to get SuSE to go connect
      through my DHCP. The only choice for SuSE DSL is either, "T1-Online
      or DSL that has only PPPoe" in the control panel. I called SuSE tech
      and they don't have an answer other then to setup the ADSL using
      PPPoe. But my ISP does not use PPPoe. Anyone have an answer and
      having the same problem? I could really use the help since I don't
      want to replace Mandrake for SuSE.

      MY ISP is: Direct TV
      DSL Modem connect to a mini router: 2Wire
      Three computers connect to the router to us the DSL.
      All systems don't have a static IP - only DHCP
      All OS "systems" Connects through the DSL accept for SuSE.

      Thanks for your time,

      Louis Urban
      netboxerusa@...