Windows Dynamic Disks mounting problem

  • galb4
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15 8:07 AM
      Hi,
      I just installed SuSE 8.0 and I can no longer mount Windows Dynamic Disks. I can mount "Basic" Windows 2000 ntfs partitions but not "Dynamic" ones :((
      The disk I need to mount is a on a 29160 SCSI interface using aic78xx driver (compiled to the kernel) and has a Windows 2000 ntfs partition. My linux root partition is also on a separate disk in the same interface, so the SCSI driver should not be the problem.

      In the past, I have been able to access this drive (using ntfs) in SuSE 7.0 and 7.2 but not in 8.0.
      I have recompiled the 2.4.18 kernel (SuSE sources) with LDB support but the problem persists.

      I also visited the following sites

      http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net

      but there are not clear instructions how to fix the problem :((

      Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

      thanks,
      george