SuSE personal firewall

  • horrorvacui1
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2002
      I've already tried this on Linux-Newbies, but got no answer whatsoever
      (seems my questions are a bit too advanced for that group, since I
      never got any kind of answer to any question).
      I'm using SuSE personal firewall on my 7.2 install of SuSE for
      masquerading and - obviously - firewalling. Until recently, I've never
      bothered (and never had time) to check the ipchains rules, but now I
      did, I discovered something rather intriguing. The first rule in each
      chain is always to accept all protocols from every source to every
      destination (which makes having a firewall quite ridiculous). I wanted
      to change this, but failed to find any kind of rule configuration
      file. Right now, the only possibility to set the rules myself would be
      to discard SuSE firewall and replace it with own ipchains start and
      configuration scripts - but I'm slightly reluctant to do this.
      Can anyone tell me how the SuSE firewall configures the rules? Where
      are the files?