Re: Feeling a lot stupid

  • terrorp
    Message 1 of 1427 , Feb 13, 2002
      On Sound Cards, your best bet is Creative Labs.
      Just make sure that you don't get one lastest cards,
      like new MP3 what-ever it is called. The Sound Blaster
      Live, PCI 128, and of course the Sound Blaster 16 work
      great. If you can't afford a Creative Labs make sure
      that your card can use the Sound Blaster Drivers, just
      like the old Dos day when you wanted to play games.
      You want to have fun setting up a sound card, trying
      setting up SuSE on PPC. It's a nightmare to set up sound
      even with YaST2. When you get your card working. Play
      with XMMS it great, it's Winamp for Linux. I love to
      sit and listen to Shoutcast with and my mp3's.
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .