Diamond Fire Gl 1000 Pro

  • bobbafetf
    Message 1 of 1427 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi<br><br>I've tryed to configure my diamond fire
      gl 1000 pro card in Suse Linu 7.3 and sax2, but
      every time a choose the 3DLabs permedia 2 card and then
      try to test the configuration my screen goes black
      and then it doesn't respond anymore. In other words
      how do I configure this card?<br><br>Have anyone else
      been able to configure this card correct? Any advice
      would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Since I'm pretty
      new to Linux I would appreciate it if you explain it
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23, 2004
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .