Re: Updating 6.2

  • Nekr0tek
    Message 1 of 1427 , Jan 6, 2000
      Yea if you want to wait a month or two the
      unoffical suse 6.3 should be avaiable from Linux mall for
      like 1.89 + shipping or some thing this is what i
      didfor 6.1 and 6.2 but I purchased 6.3 and did a
      complete reinstall. Anyway look for it at linuxmall.com
    • dapperdan12003
      Message 1427 of 1427 , Jul 23 6:37 PM
        --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, simp03 wrote:
        > quiet group this - either you are much more contented
        > than other Linux users or much better sysadmins. It's
        > noticeable how few SuSE users post to the other help groups
        > - either YaST is proving it's worth in taking the
        > pain out for newbies or more experienced users move to
        > SuSE from distribs like Slackware and maybe
        > RH5.<br><br>Personally I subscribe to the idea that YaST is a
        > near-perfect ice-breaker for the newbie and will overcome most
        > of the little config probs that you see posted
        > elsewhere.<br><br>It would be interesting to see more opinions from
        > SuSE uses (even if just to kick some life into this
        > club).

        I'm no newbie to Linux. I've had Mandrake 6, 8, and 10. I
        got SuSE 9.1 and I love it. I think you are right about
        YaST and SuSE. It was easy to install and networked to
        my windows (sorry) machine flawlessly. I got on this site
        to see what was being posted . . .