      From: ejbnorfolk <ejbnorfolk@...>
      To: suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2011 3:53 PM
      Subject: [SUSE Linux Users] very slow internet speeds with openSUSE 11.4

      Hello all,
      I'm an old Linux user who's rejoining the linux community (I actually started with slackware on 18 3.5" floppies: can you believe that).

      Anyway, my download and installation went fine yesterday. But, my internet connection speed is horrible.

      I've got several Windows computer on the same router: two hardwired and one wireless. All work very well.

      My new SUSE pc is hardwired to my Linksys router.

      Am I missing something. I looked for an etc/hosts file, but there isn't one.

      thanks in advance

      Ed Baker