7636Re: [SUSE Linux Users] ATI redeon for suse

  • Felix Miata
    Mar 14, 2010
      On 2010/03/14 19:14 (GMT) ahmed composed:

      > any body help my installing and configure my VGA driver "ATI redeon"

      The installation program should have done that automatically. If you changed
      your video card after installation, an easy fix is to login as root, migrate
      to /etc/X11, open xorg.conf in a text editor, find the line in 'Section
      "Device"' that says 'Driver, and replace whatever driver that is there with
      'radeon'.

      Alternatively, go to a text terminal with Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6], login as root, and
      run 'sax2' to create a whole new xorg.conf file using the radeon driver.

      All the above assumes use of a SuSE version prior to 11.2. In 11.2, you
      should be able to delete xorg.conf entirely and have X automatically use the
      radeon driver. It is possible in 11.2 that you would still need to perform
      the above procedure.

      http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Search?search=radeon+driver&ns100=1&fulltext=Search+full+text

      Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

      Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/