7629Re: [SUSE Linux Users] suse pugrade

  • Donn Washburn
    Feb 5, 2010
      Me too! I have been using SuSE for years from a box of CDs, DVD and now
      via upgrade zypper. However, now a days it seems openSuSE breaks more
      on upgrades that gets fixed. I would have thought short of GTK, QT and
      KDE/Gnome upgrades things should be improved and not damaged. Todays
      versions seem to be going to proprietary versions and not the source
      versions like Firefox and Open Office. But concerns about legal issues
      seem to ruin apps. This is 11.3 M0 and so for Apache, Amarok (not
      fully), K3B (not fully), Flight Gear (openGL), custom kernels (TIOGEN)
      and My USB Brother MFC 7840W printer (which works in Fedora 12) are
      failing. It would seem that things should improve not get broken. Take
      a look at /var/log/warn sometime

      --
      73 de Donn Washburn
      307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@... "