7016RE: [SUSE Linux Users] Help getting MySQL to work

  • Harold Hitchcock
    Nov 17 1:51 PM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Aaron Kulkis
      Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 8:32 PM
      To: suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com; opensuse@...
      Subject: Re: [SUSE Linux Users] Help getting MySQL to work

      François Calay wrote:
      > Aaron Kulkis a écrit :
      >> Nico Michael wrote:
      >>> Hi there,
      >>> This the second time I am asking this question the last time it was
      >>> I need to get MySql to work on SUSE10.2 or 10.3 now
      >>> 1)How do you start it?
      >> It's in the documentation. Read it.
      >>> 2) When you install it what credentials does it use (Logon ID and
      >>> Password) ?
      >> That's in the documentation, too.
      >>> 3)What program do you use to manage it ? ( I dont have PHP installed
      >>> / No LAMP)
      >> Have you visited the vendor site?
      >> <http://www.mysql.com/>
      >> Did you read the reference manual?
      >> The MySQL website has the complete text of the 500-page reference
      >> manual is available online here in both PDF and HTML format in
      >> English, Chinese, German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and
      >> Spanish here:
      >> <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/>
      >> Or you can go to a bookstore and buy it for US $60 or so.
      > In regard of the poor quality of the answers of the group, > not to say
      anything else (see below), I decide to unsuscribe > immediately.

      So your problem is that, because Nico didn't invest the time to find and
      read the documentation,

      Whoever on the list who does answer supposed to spend more time in giving
      Nico the answer (typing out step by step what he's supposed to do) than the
      amount of time Nico himself was willing invest in finding the answer?

      Sorry, but most of us have little respect for people who are unwilling to
      expend at least a little bit of effort to help themselves.

      MySQL's documentation is VERY readable.

      The answer to all of Nico's questions (and many more) are in MySQL's

      If he can't be bothered to read this professional quality manual, then
      that's his problem.

      Nobody here is entitled to spoon-feeding without having put forth a
      reasonable effort to find out the answer themselves, first.

      Nico didn't even bother to go to the MySQL website, which means he didn't
      even do a google search, because if he did, he would have discovered the
      google website, and the tremendous amount of FREE documentation which is
      available there.

      Once again, I Refer to Eric S. Raymond's website about how to ask questions,
      and likewise, how to NOT ask questions.

      Nico demonstrated nothing but laziness...and so consequently, he gets a lazy
      answer in return.

      > Bye to everybody and good luck in your lives > F.C

      Good luck with your attitude that everybody owes you an immediate answer to
      your confusing cross-platform question, in which you give not even a hint as
      to what you tried so far.

      If you DEMAND comprehensive, immediate support, that COSTS MONEY -- I hope
      you're prepared to pay for it.

      Well Said.....

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic