7009Re: Help getting MySQL to work

  • ennoil
    Nov 16, 2007
      Sorry, did not see this before.
      Under SuSE 10.3 MySQL runs as root. The best/easiset way to start it
      is through YaST choosing Services then System Services (Runlevel).
      Scroll down until you see MySQL and choose start.
      If under yast you go to Software maintenance you can install MySQL
      Administration packages. Short of that you can use the commandline
      mysqladmin or mysql to administer it.
      John

      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Nico Michael <pretoria@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > This the second time I am asking this question the last time it was
      ignored.

      > I need to get MySql to work on SUSE10.2 or 10.3 now
      >
      > 1)How do you start it?
      > 2) When you install it what credentials does it use (Logon ID and
      > Password) ?
      > 3)What program do you use to manage it ? ( I dont have PHP installed /
      > No LAMP)
      >
      > Please help me here
      >
      > regards
      > Nico

      > Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
      > http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/4

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic