4786[SUSE Linux Users] Re: suse 10.x very near to windows, even beyond, but....

  • ali
    Apr 7, 2006
      all these solutions are painkillers and of course there are serious
      pains they can not kill. the cure may be in hardware industry taking
      linux real serious. good news is, microsoft has started supporting
      linux. as gandhi said: "they first ignore you, then laugh at you,
      then fight you and then you win." that was also written in redhat's
      stand in linuxworldexpo. isnt that whats happening about linux?
      cheers

      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Jitin Arora <jitinarora@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for the tip but I am already using Xandros. The deluxe
      edition
      > comes with CrossOver Office which lets me run some major Windows
      > applications. However, I am talking of drivers here. I have
      probably
      > had less trouble than most since my Samsung laser printer came with
      > Linux drivers, but I still think that if there were a way to use
      more
      > of the drivers already available for Windows, that would help Linux
      > users a lot.
      >
      > Jitin
      >
      > --- Brian R Shepherd <brian.boss351@...> wrote:
      >
      > > there is one linux os that allows you to utilize SOME windows
      > > programs....XANDROS.....Brian
      > >

      > > --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, Jitin Arora <jitinarora@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > True, but it would be nice if there was a way to use Windows
      > > drivers
      > > > for other devices too, esp. stuff like webcams, printers, etc.
      > > >
      > > > Jitin

      > > > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to
      > > http://yahoo.shaadi.com

      > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to
      http://yahoo.shaadi.com

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic