4318sound card

  • Steve
    Feb 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      Would any of you know what might be wrong with this config file for
      my sound card? For some reason when I booted this morning, the
      kmix icon had an X through it. Im clueless, as I have never changed
      a damn setting for anything to do with sound. The card just stopped
      working........ In the kmix handbook it says something about using
      alsa and oss together, and apparently
      thats what Im using right now, something experimental, but no
      support. When I click hardware info under help in kmix it gives me
      this info :

      Sound drivers supported: ALSA + OSS
      Sound drivers used: ALSAOSS
      Experimental multiple-Driver mode activated

      If this is in fact what I have been using all along (2.5 yrs on
      suse) now on 10 box set, then It worked perfectly before, but now
      does not. Anyway, any advice or a point in the right direction if
      you know would be helpful, thanks...........

      steve

      kmixrc

      AllowDocking=true
      Labels=true