3005[SUSE Linux Users] Re: Reinstalling Suse Linux

  • vibeesh_bose
    Oct 2, 2004
      AK,

      > Hmmmm, maybe it would be best for you to reinstall, because
      > this Windows-like One Huge Filesystem is a prescription for
      > disaster (on ANY operating system)

      For redoing my partitions I would have to get back my old data first.
      If I try to install over the existing installation, would it give me
      an option of mounting old partitions and getting the data back ?
      Then I can, recreate the partitions after archiving data elsewhere....

      Should I use Yast in the installation Cd to go about initiating a new
      installation ?

      VB
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic