1731Re: WinModem

  • spangenberger
    Mar 4, 2003
      --- In suselinuxusers@yahoogroups.com, cej4108@n... wrote:
      > Hi, Everyone
      >
      > If you have seen previous posts I apologize as My Groups has been
      fritzed and I had to reset them all..

      > I have installed SuSE Linux 8.1 Professional on my Win2KPro machine
      (dual boot) so I may slowly migrate myself from the WinGates world to
      the free world of Linux.

      > I installed the o/s without a glitch. I do have a WinModem installed
      under the Windows o/s but would like to make it work with linux. Can
      anyone give me a hint as to the possibilities of doing this type of
      marriage or should I install hard modem to work under the linux system?

      > Thanks!
      >
      > --
      > Charles E. James, Programmer/Analyst
      > U. C. Berkeley, Berkeley California
      > http://home.earthlink.net/~bamboogrove/
      > Dragon's Gate Taoism

      > The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now!

      http://webmail.netscape.com/

      If you realy want to get the winmodem to work under linux you can go
      to http://Linmodems.org and it has the information to get winmodems to
      work on Linux. I had one working on a IBM Thinkpad it worked fine.
      However, i you have a desktop computer i would suggest a exterior
      modem that connects thru the serial port.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic