- For the first time writers will be represented at Surrey s Fusion Fest, the largest multicultural festival in Canada I am so pleased to offer an opportunity toMessage 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013View Source
For the first time writers will be represented at Surrey’s Fusion Fest, the largest multicultural festival in Canada
I am so pleased to offer an opportunity to authors of various cultural backgrounds to do a reading from their works.
We have authors from South Asian, First Nations, and European heritage and still need an:
*East Asian & *Francophone author.
· I have secured a commitment from the Surrey Arts Council to have author readings during the festival
· Festival is at Holland Park in City Centre, July 20 & 21
· We have confirmed five spots of 10 minutes each, spaced out over the two days
· Taking place in Canada Pavilion
· Readings theme is about Canada
· Experienced writers, preferably published in some form
· 3 minutes of self-introduction of your origins and the piece being read, and 7 minutes for reading – must stick to time limit
· Poetry or non-fiction short story about your experience of coming to Canada and/or being Canadian
· I don’t have the time slots yet, but will let you know as soon as the committee informs me
· South Asian ~ Fauzia Rafique
· First Nations ~ Jonina Kirton
· Europe ~ Sylvia Taylor
Please email me with your availability and the piece you will read by Saturday July 13th at Sylvia Taylor words@...
Thanks for helping bring regional writing talent to the public at this amazing multicultural festival.
Sylvia Taylor Communications
Writer, Editor, Educator, Consultant
Business Communications Specialist
Author: The Fisher Queen
Director, Arts Council of Surrey
@storygoddess ~ on Twitter