Mar 6 is Read Aloud Day - READERS WANTED

  • Lois Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013

      "Take Action for Global Literacy, Celebrate the Power of Words, Change the World."
      http://litworld.org/worldreadaloudday/

      Alexandra Neighbourhood House is hosting a read aloud evening for adults and families with children aged 6+ on Read Aloud Day, Wed. Mar 6, 7 - 8:30 pm.

      It will feature 6 to 10 pieces read by volunteers, including excerpts from books such as Wind in the Willows, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Dog Who Wouldn't Be... and other family favourites, short pieces by essayists such as Stuart Maclean, poetry, etc.

      We are seeking volunteer readers who are comfortable reading aloud, to participate in the evening.

      Please note - this is not the time to share your own writing or promote your work, but to share favourite works in an age-old community activity.

      If you'd like to volunteer as a reader, or would like to help spread the word about this event. please respond to this posting or contact me offlist at loispeterson@....

      I will be a preparing a list of suggested reading - although you can, of course, suggest your own favourites - and tips for selecting and preparing an appropriate piece for reading aloud.

      Thanks.

      Lois