Re: [surreywriters] Natalie Goldberg Writes Down the Bones at Vancouver Public LIbrary July 2

  • Mary Ann
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2009
      Hi Lois,

      I would like to attend.

      Mary Ann

      --- On Thu, 6/18/09, Lois Peterson <lpwordsolutions@...> wrote:

      From: Lois Peterson <lpwordsolutions@...>
      Subject: [surreywriters] Natalie Goldberg Writes Down the Bones at Vancouver Public LIbrary July 2
      To: surreywriters@yahoogroups.com

      You may not get the chance again ...
      If anyone is interested in being part of a 'field trip' to this event with other Surrey writers, reply to this message and we'll see if we can pull a group outing together.
      Natalie Goldberg
      Central Library, 350 W. Georgia St., Alice MacKay Room
      Author Natalie Goldberg presents her new book, Old Friend from Far Away. A beautifully written celebration of the memoir form, this book is a profound affirmation of the capacity of the written word to remember the past.
      (Free admission. Seating is limited. Co-sponsored by Banyen Books)
      Thursday Jul 02, 2009
      More details here: http://www.vpl. ca/cgi-bin/ api/calendar. cgi

    • Sylvia Taylor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009

        This is wonderful. I am so looking forward to seeing her.

        I am happy to take 6 more people in my mini-van and live in White Rock.

        See y’all there,

        Sylvia

        Sylvia Taylor Communications
        604-807-5358    www.sylviataylor.ca

        Writer, Editor, Educator, Consultant

        President, Fed. of BC Writers

        Patron, Powell River Writers Conference

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
          I am thinking about driving in for this - I'm north of the river, in Maple Ridge.  Contact me at citizen@... if you live in this area and would like to come with me.

          Do we need to register?  How is the parking at the Vancouver Public Library?

          Thanks for letting us know about this,

          Katherine

          --
          Katherine Wagner
          www.publiceducationcanada.ca

          > This is wonderful. I am so looking forward to seeing her.
          >

          > I am happy to take 6 more people in my mini-van and live in
          > White Rock.
          >

          > See y'all there,
          >
          > Sylvia
          >

          > Sylvia Taylor Communications
          > 604-807-5358    www.sylviataylor.ca
          > <http://www.sylviataylor.ca/>
          >
          > Writer, Editor, Educator, Consultant
          >
          > President, Fed. of BC Writers
          >
          > Patron, Powell River Writers Conference
          >

          >   _____

        • Lois Peterson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
            I jsut called VPL to check. NO tickets required, so I'd suggest you get there well before the 7:30 start time as I expect this event to be very popular.

            Re. parking downtown - parking lots are very expensive (including parking under the Library), but there is metred parking around Yaletown that does not cost after eight, so you might get lucky.

            Hope this helps.

            LP

            --- In surreywriters@yahoogroups.com, KATHERINE WAGNER <citizen@...> wrote:

            > I am thinking about driving in for this - I'm north of the river, in Maple Ridge.  Contact me at citizen@... if you live in this area and would like to come with me.
            >
            > Do we need to register?  How is the parking at the Vancouver Public Library?
            >
            > Thanks for letting us know about this,
            >
            > Katherine
            >
            > --
            > Katherine Wagner
            > www.publiceducationcanada.ca
            > twitter: educationwatch

          • Dale M
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2009
              > Re. parking downtown - parking lots are very expensive (including parking
              > under the Library)

              If you don't mind a short 4 or 5 block walk, parking at Pacific Centre
              is very reasonable after 6pm. $4 for the evening.

              Here's a Google Map: http://bit.ly/1gkp9I

              Library is at West Georgia & Homer, Pacific Centre is roughly West
              George & Granville. I say roughly because it depends on which door you
              come out of.

              Just take special care to remember where you park, it's easy to lose
              track of your car in the parkade!