Re: FREE Database workshop Sat. Sept. 27. ONLY THREE SPOTS LEFT (Aug 1)

  • Lois Peterson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008

      Give me a shout  SOON  if you want to be included.

      LP

      --- In surreywriters@yahoogroups.com, LP wordsolutions <lpwordsolutions@...> wrote:

      > Hot Off the Press: Online Databases for Writers
      >
      > Online databases are an invaluable tools for both marketing and research. But few writers know about them, and even fewer use them. This hands-on introduction offers a tour of the some of the best, and provides tips on using them for fiction and nonfiction projects.
      >
      > Where: Semiahmoo Library, 1815-152 Street, Surrey.
      > When: Sat. Sept. 27, 10-11:30am. FREE.
      > The morning workshop will be followed by an afternoon writers' social / open mike event
      > in the library meeting room - open to everyone. Check my website in mid-August for details. LP
      > ---------------------------------------------------- Lois J. Peterson Meeting Miss 405 - Orca Book Publishers, fall 2008 Writing for young readers: www.LoisPeterson.net
      >
      > Teaching, editing and consulting: www.lpwordsolutions.com

      > Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
      > http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207

    • Lois Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        <lpwordsolutions@...> wrote:

        > > Hot Off the Press: Online Databases for Writers
        >
        > Online databases are an invaluable tools for both marketing and
        research. But few writers know about them, and even fewer use them.
        This hands-on introduction offers a tour of the some of the best, and
        provides tips on using them for fiction and nonfiction projects.

        > Where: Semiahmoo Library, 1815-152 Street, Surrey.
        > When: Sat. Sept. 27, 10-11:30am. FREE.
        > Register for this workshop only by calling 604-596-1601 or emailing
        me at lpwordsolutions@... Space is limited to 11 participants, so
        sign up soonCo-sponsored by Surrey Public Library
        > The morning workshop will be followed by an afternoon writers'
        social / open mike event
        > in the library meeting room - open to everyone. Check my website in
        mid-August for details. LP
        > ---------------------------------------------------- Lois J.
        Peterson Meeting Miss 405 - Orca Book Publishers, fall 2008 Writing
        for young readers: www.LoisPeterson.net

        > Teaching, editing and consulting: www.lpwordsolutions.com

        > Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form
        from the letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search
        Games!
        > http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207

      • Sylvia Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008

          Hi Lois ~ would love to take the workshop. Can you save a spot for me?

          Thanks,

          Sylvia

          Sylvia Taylor Communications

          604-807-5358    www.sylviataylor.ca