Ocean Friendly Gardens Hands on Workshop (HOW) this weekend

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2010

      Hands on Workshop (HOW)
      Learn how to do a
      Site Evaluation

      Sunday August 22nd
      10am -1pm
      $15
      To register you may either
      1.) pay by PayPal (click here) or
      2.) call Jill Sarick-Santos at (805) 652-4501

      Details - The Green Gardens Group (G3) will lead us through the process of     learning how to evaluate a residential landscape to implement Conservation, Permeability and Retention. Learn how to do a soil compaction test, perform tests for soil type and evaluate the existing irrigation system. We'll also be given worksheets to calculate:
      • the water use of the existing landscape
      • water use if it were an Ocean Friendly Garden
      • amount of rainwater that can be captured and used in the garden

      We'll be at the home of a person who attended an OFG Basics Class. Interested participants will be returning to the location one month later -
      Sunday, September 19, 10am-4pm - for a garden workday to implement the design that the owner comes up with.
      Location: East end Ventura home - location will be emailed to registrants

      For more info or if you have questions:
      call Jill Sarick-Santos (805) 652-4501
      or email vcsrf.oceanfriendlygardens@...