fate of our waterfront... Fwd: Achieving Our Vision E-Newsletter - Sept. 17, 2009

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009

      A WEEK LONG Charette to determine the fate of our waterfront...

      Begin forwarded message:

      Achieving Our Vision E-Newsletter - Sept. 17, 2009

      5. Downtown Waterfront Design Charrette Events Week of Sept. 29
      Students from University of Notre Dame, the Nation's preeminent school on traditional and classical architecture and urbanism will be in town to conduct a week long urban design Charrette for Ventura, including but not limited to downtown waterfront area and the Edgewater redevelopment project.

      Edgewater is the 11-acre downtown waterfront site anchored by the redevelopment of the existing public parking structure.

      The Charrette will take place the week of September 28. The students will conduct the charrette at the Ventura Ventures Technology Center (V2TC) located at 505 Poli Street, 3rd floor behind City Hall.

      Two public presentations are planned: a kick-off presentation on September 29, Tuesday, at 6 pm; and an end-of-charrette presentation on Friday, October 2, at 3 pm will take place in the Community Meeting Room at City Hall.

      Besides the two meetings, the public is also invited to participate in two informal design studio sessions that will be conducted on Wednesday, September 30, at 6 pm, and Thursday, October 1, at 4 pm. The design studio sessions will take place at the V2TC.

      Please participate in the charrette and help shape the downtown waterfront area. Details