Reminder - CEQA workshop this weekend

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2008

      Workshop: Learn How to be an Advocate for Green, Sustainable, Communities
      VCCool co-sponsors an all day CEQA workshop to put citizens at the planning table

      http://www.vccool.org/images/event_photo/ceqa_workshop_windmill_sm.jpgSaturday, November 15
      9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
      Bell Arts Factory
      432 N. Ventura Avenue, Ventura
      Register Today!  Go to www.vccool.org

      Would you like to see more gardens, smart growth, and real change in how we build? Do you want walk, bike, and bus – friendly communities? Don’t waste time on wishful thinking! Learn the how, who, when, and what of citizen advocacy for cool cities! Learn from the pros how to use the California Environmental Quality Act to make a real difference in how we live.

      The California Global Warming Solutions Act (AB-32) is a great idea, but we've got a disconnect between state policy and what actually happens at the city and county levels. That's why VCCool is inviting the Planning and Conservation League to teach their CEQA Workshop with special focus on new global warming policy.

      Learn to be a powerful voice for change. Register and attend the Ventura CEQA/AB-32 Workshop
      (Please register before November 12 to assure your materials at the workshop.)

      VCCool would like to thank our nine co-sponsors: Ventura Citizens for Hillside Preservation, Community Environmental Council , CPR, Sustainability Council of Ventura County, Midtown Ventura Community Council, C4 Green Building Council, Ventura County Civic Alliance, Surfrider Foundation – Ventura, Bell Arts Factory

      For more information contact Rachel Morris at rachel@... or (805)648-1267