Surfrider Hosts Ocean Protection Council Reception

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Ventura River Watershed Reception, Feb. 28 2008

      On the evening of February 28, the Ventura County Chapter of the
      Surfrider Foundation hosted a reception celebrating the Ventura River
      Watershed. The guests of honor were the members of the California
      Ocean Protection Council (COPC), which was in Ventura for their
      February meeting. The reception was a huge success bringing together
      more than 60 people representing roughly 10 government agencies and
      the same number on non-profit groups, all unified in their objective
      of healing the watershed and repairing decades of damage done to the
      ocean. We would like to thank each and every attendee. In order to
      effectively solve the problems we face in reaching our environmental
      objectives, we need to work together and share ideas and solutions.
      Thanks also to J’s Tapas for the outstanding food, drink and
      hospitality.

      for more info and photos go to http://www.surfrider.org/ventura/index.html