Surfrider Ventura February Events

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008

      February 2 - Ventura Stream Team

      Stream Team is Channelkeeper's volunteer-based water quality monitoring program. Every month, volunteers join Channelkeeper staff to test for common water quality parameters at 15 different sites in the Ventura River and Goleta Slough watersheds. Come join us to help protect our local waterways; we will be testing in Ventura on Saturday, February 2nd, and in Goleta on Sunday, February 3rd. For more information, visit our website, or contact us at ben@... or 805.563.3377 ext.3.

      February 5 - Chapter meeting

      Start 2008 Off Right--

      Surfrider Social Event & Guest Speaker Jacqueline Worden

      Tuesday, February 5, 2008 - 6PM
      Elizabeth Topping Room , E.P. Foster Library
      651 East Main Street, Ventura

      Jacqueline Worden, President of Bowland and Associates, a biological
      and environmental consulting services company, will provide a Power
      Point briefing on the Hedrick Ranch Nature Area.  The site consists of
      220 pristine acres covering both banks of the Santa Clara River.  The
      land is midway between Santa Paula and Fillmore, and is owned by the
      Friends of the Santa Clara River.

      The public is cordially invited, admission is free.  Refreshments and
      beverages will also be provided free of charge.

      For additional information, call Andy Prokopow at (805) 642-4919.

      February 24 - Beach Cleanup
           ... @ Pierpont Beach

      for more info contact:
       Brian Halvorsen    643-6074  BRIAN_HALVORSEN@...