Surfrider Ventura September Event Calendar

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2007

      Tuesday September 4th
      6pm - 8pm  Surfrider Foundation Ventura County Chapter Meeting
      EP Foster Library, Downtown Ventura
      Help organize for this month events!

      Thursday, September 6
      Go Green Ojai - Next Step: "Help Wanted"
      7:00pm, Chaparral Auditorium, 414 East Ojai Avenue
      http://www.ojaigreencoalition.com/

      Saturday, Sept 8
      Ventura Stream Team
      NOTE: due to Labor Day weekend September Stream team is Sept 8 !
      Come help us collect water quality data at 15 sites in the Ventura River watershed.
      Meet at the Ventura Surfrider office at 239 W. Main St. in Ventura (near Patagonia).  From there we will travel by car to our sites.
      Visit www.stream-team.org for more information about Stream Team!
      Also, for recent watershed news see the Stream Team newsletter:
      http://stream-team.org/Newsletters/ST%20Newsletter%20Summer%2007.pdf

      Saturday, September 8
      Ventura Bicycle Summit - sponsored by VCCool  http://www.vccool.org/
      10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sheridan Way School / Bell Arts Factory
      Come be a part of the kids' rodeo, an all-bicycle film festival, and workshops with city staff where you can share your ideas and experience to help Ventura be a better place to bicycle.
      Bicycle Summit Details

      September 15 -16
      C-St Longboard Classic
      www.cstreetlongboard.com
      VOLUNTEERS: We will have a booth at the contest - please volunteer to help for an hour or two either day

      Saturday, September 15
      7 pm Surf Flick Event
      Ventura College Theater
      "Lost Jewel of the Atlantic"
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bft-O6_0Os
      VOLUNTEERS: help wanted for event setup, raffle, cleanup

      Sunday, September 16
      9 am - Beach Cleanup
      10:15 am Paddle For Clean Water
      VOLUNTEERS:
      Come join Surfrider and Patagonia and help keep the beach clean, then paddle out in solidarity of preserving and protecting the world’s oceans.  Meet at the Surfrider booth near the "free lot" at Surfers Point - note that parking will be difficult because of the contest, so be prepared to park in the fairgrounds lot or walk a bit...

      Monday September 24
      Ocean Friendly Gardens Presentation
      Green Building Council of Ventura County  http://www.gbcvc.org/
      6pm, Patagonia Firehouse
      Surfrider Foundation is partnering with local government agencies and others to launch an education and outreach effort called "Ocean Friendly Gardens."  Now we can all help bring back healthy coasts and oceans though CPR© ­ Conservation, Permeability and Retention. It’s a way for all of us to design and maintain our gardens so that we can reduce urban runoff ­ and the pollutants that go with it.
       visit www.surfrider.org/ofg for more...

      Saturday September 29
      9:30 am
      - "Healing our Watershed - Ocean Friendly Gardens" presentation
      Los Padres Forest Association, Wheeler Gorge Visitor Center  http://www.lpforest.org/wheeler

      Saturday September 29
      11:30 am Santa Barbara Chapter's 3rd Annual Paddle for Clean Water
      “Turn the Tide on Ocean Pollution” Paddle Out
      The Santa Barbara Chapter of Surfrider will hold its third anniversary Paddle Out, “Turn the Tide on Ocean Pollution” event at Stearn’s Wharf from noon to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 29, 2007. All people-powered participants are invited to join the paddle out in solidarity of preserving and protecting the world’s oceans.

      Sunday September 30
      2007 Ventura Hillsides Music Festival
      http://venturahillsides.org/
      Arroyo Verde Park, Ventura (SOLD OUT)
      Toots & the Maytals,  Jack Johnson, Robert Cray Band, Chris Pierce
      VOLUNTEERS: We need two people to set up and run the booth

      Paul Jenkin
      Environmental Director
      Surfrider Foundation Ventura County Chapter
      Coordinator, Matilija Coalition
      (805) 648-4005   pjenkin@...
      http://surfrider.org/ventura/
      www.matilija-coalition.org