Ocean Friendly Gardens Public Forum

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007

      Ventura Organic Gardening Club Event
      May 5:  6 pm - 9 pm at the EP Foster Library Topping Room, 651 E. Main Street.

      Drought! Pollution! Precious water running off our landscapes and snaking down our gutters-- to the flood control channel and then to the river and finally to the ocean- taking pesticide residue, fertilizer debris, street oils and more!

      What is a poor gardener to do not to be part of the problem and not to have a staggering water bill, one bound to increase as water becomes more scarce and demands for it more intense? (And maybe have a so-so landscape for all the trouble)

      May 5th at the Topping Room, three environmentally savvy experts tell you more about the problem and some practical and elegant solutions. Paul Jenkin of the Surfrider Foundation,  Lisa Burton,  garden designer and master gardener, and Ray Olson, of Public Work's Environmental Services will be speaking on lawn-less landscaping, why have it , what it could look like, and how to get it.

      Global warming's next predictable emergency in our area is water shortage. Now is the time to prepare. Lawn-less  landscaping could not be more timely.

      Free event. Donations only. May 5, 6 to 9 p.m. at the Topping Room, 651 E. Main Street. Further information: Margaret Morris, 648 4323

      Paul Jenkin
      Environmental Director
      Surfrider Foundation Ventura County Chapter
      Coordinator, Matilija Coalition
      (805) 648-4005   pjenkin@...
      http://surfrider.org/ventura/
      www.matilija-coalition.org