447Surfrider Ventura - Upcoming Events

    Jun 22, 2010

      Hands Across the Sand
      Saturday June 26, 2010
      Meet at the Ventura Pier 11:45 and at 12 noon join hands for 15 minutes.
      Now is the time for America and our leaders to join hands and steer our country's energy policy away from our dependence on fossil fuels and into the light of clean energy and renewables. Join hands with us and draw a line in the sand against offshore oil drilling.
      For more information on this event go to Handsacrossthesand.org

      Ocean Friendly Gardens Workshop
      Saturday July 10 - 9 am to 12 pm
      Learn how to transform your landscaping into an “Ocean Friendly Garden” by attending a class on sustainable landscaping practices.  Also learn about up-coming hands-on workshop opportunities.
      Location: City’s Maintenance Yard, 336 Sanjon Road, Ventura
      Cost: $15 dollars for the class only $25 for class, plus the companion Ocean Friendly Gardens book
      Refreshments and complementary breakfast will be served