Another can't miss...

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      Having been introduced to the brilliance of Supergrass thru a
      recommendation of a friend years ago, I'd like to take a moment to
      reciprocate the favor to the rest of you while we try to cope with
      the tragedies around us...

      Remy Zero, an alternative rock quintet based in California, have
      released their follow-up to the critically acclaimed 1998 release,
      Villa Elaine. "The Golden Hum", their 11-track Elektra debut, has
      been described as "ranging from dense, trippy rockers to intricately
      textured ballads, with unexpected twists, soaring choruses and a
      mysterious, sensual quality that rewards repeated listening." Simply
      put, it is the kind of fresh, innovative material that warrants
      multiple listens.

      For those of you unfamiliar with the band, they were hand-picked by
      Radiohead to open shows on the OK Computer tour, have toured with
      headliners Travis and Semisonic, and have had a slew of sold-out
      shows of their own at venues such as L.A.'s Viper Room. This time
      around, Remy Zero will once again be touring in support of Travis in
      an extensive tour schedule that has already hit parts of Canada and
      will play eighteen other US cities. Also, the band will be performing
      on the Conan O'Brien show on October 4th to give you an early preview
      of what to expect at the shows.

      Since I've managed to keep your interest this far, please take a
      moment to check out the following sites for further information, free
      MP3 downloads, video previews, and a rare opportunity to
      significantly broaden your musical horizon. You will not be
      disappointed...

      http://remyzero.com
      http://remyzeromusic.com
      http://www.elektra.com/retro/remy/ecard

      Please feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback you may
      have after checking out the material. I am looking forward to hearing
      from the rest of you and glad to be a part of the group.
    • Fractal
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2001
        hey hi!
        supergrass and travis since their inceptions have been my #1 favorite bands.
        upon your recommendation, i just listened to "save me" and you were right.
        i wasn't disappointed .... but i have to hear more :)
        thanks for the little bright light in my day. val