Re: Singer Designer 2 / Superba S9

  • rachelmcup
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
      I don't think that garter bars are/were made specifically for this machine
      BUT
      of course it is 9mm, a common gauge for bulky/chunky Japanese machines, so these garter bars can be used on it. Also, I found it easier to use my 4.5 mm garter bar on the Big Phil than on the machine it was designed for - just ignore the fact that you're only using every other prong on the garter bar!

      Rachel.
      -----------------------------------
      "ndstitch" <ndgal@...> wrote:
      > I've often wished for something to make ribbing on the Big Phil easier.
      >
      > Do garter bars exist for it?
      > Donna
      -----------------------
    • ndstitch
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
        Many Thanks, Rachael.
        I will have to look for the 4.5mm garter bar for my Toyota, then! Always better to kill 2 birds with one stone.
        Donna

      • sue.jones.mail@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
          We decided to list as Buy It Now. The machine itself went on ebay last week and sold for £49.95. The ribber will be going on tonight at £39.95, which is way lower than the ones in France.

          So if anyone wants a ribber, now's your chance to indulge yourself and support a good cause!

          Cheers

          Sue