Re: Singer Designer 2 / Superba S9

  • ndstitch
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
      Fascinating. I never knew this existed. I've often wished for something to make ribbing on the Big Phil easier.

      Do garter bars exist for it?
      Donna

      --- In superbawhitefiles@yahoogroups.com, "rachelmcup" <brooks.rachel@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > This is a ribber for the Singer Designer 2/ Big Phil. I have the instructions, and will upload them for you.
      >
      > Rachel, Worcestershire, UK.
      > ---------------------------------

    • rachelmcup
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
        I don't think that garter bars are/were made specifically for this machine
        BUT
        of course it is 9mm, a common gauge for bulky/chunky Japanese machines, so these garter bars can be used on it. Also, I found it easier to use my 4.5 mm garter bar on the Big Phil than on the machine it was designed for - just ignore the fact that you're only using every other prong on the garter bar!

        Rachel.
        -----------------------------------
        "ndstitch" <ndgal@...> wrote:
        > I've often wished for something to make ribbing on the Big Phil easier.
        >
        > Do garter bars exist for it?
        > Donna
        -----------------------
      • ndstitch
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2012
          Many Thanks, Rachael.
          I will have to look for the 4.5mm garter bar for my Toyota, then! Always better to kill 2 birds with one stone.

        • sue.jones.mail@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 16, 2012
            We decided to list as Buy It Now. The machine itself went on ebay last week and sold for £49.95. The ribber will be going on tonight at £39.95, which is way lower than the ones in France.

            So if anyone wants a ribber, now's your chance to indulge yourself and support a good cause!

            Cheers

            Sue