Antonio Serrano Memorial Ride

  • Sadlebred
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2004
      Antonio Serrano Memorial Ride From: Antonio Serrano
      Memorial Fund, Location: Cycle Works
      3576 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Duluth, GA, When:
      Sunday, October 31, 9:00am, Phone: 404-392-8521, Cost:
      $35.00 per person

      On August 26th, 2004 Antonio Serrano was killed when
      struck by a car while cycling. Tony was 35; he was a
      husband, a father to 2 young daughters, a triathlete,
      and a friend. We have formed a group to organize a
      charity bicycle ride both in Tony�s honor and to
      benefit his family. For the short term, we are hosting
      a ride event on Sunday October 31. We are planning
      rides of 32 and 64 miles. Half of the proceeds (from
      entry fees and donations) will be donated to a college
      fund set up for Tony�s children. The other half will
      be used to make sure that bicycle safety law books are
      provided to every officer at Police and Sheriffs
      Departments across Georgia. In the long term, we are
      working on an annual Memorial Century ride, the first
      of which will be October 9, 2005, that will benefit
      other families who have lost a loved one to a
      bicycle-motor vehicle crash, and to promote bicycle
      safety and awareness.

      The cost of the ride is $35.00. The ride will have aid
      stations and support and of course a cool T-shirt. So
      please come ride for a worthy cause! You can click on
      the PayPal icon above, or pick up a registration form
      at All3sports or Atlanta Cycling or CycleWorks.
      Registration starts at 7:30. The ride will begin at
      9:00am.

      =====
      Trish Albert
      trish@...