Fw: [tri-atlanta] time trial questions

  • Mark Linenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2001
      for those that may be interested...

      ML
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 10:31 AM
      Subject: Re: [tri-atlanta] time trial questions

      Good morning, all.  Thanks for all the interest shown in the Time Trial this
      weekend.  To answer a few of the question floating around, this 'race' is the
      ultimate in no-frills with no road closures, no police protection, no
      ambulance service and very limited volunteers...we'll be lucky to have
      someone there to keep our times.  We will provide an insured event with a
      well marked race route, pre-and post-race refreshments, a friendly atmosphere
      and lots of competition.
      We'll start registration by ~7:15 and will ask for your best estimated 40k
      time (Olympic distance triathlon bike split) so that we can seed the
      riders...the fastest will go last.  Cost is FREE to TriAtlanta members and
      only $5 for nonmembers.  We hope to have race positions assigned and the
      first rider off by 8.  Depending on the number of participants, we will have
      either a 30 second or one minute time gap between riders.  The route is an
      out-and-back with one turn and a turnaround.  This road, Capps Ferry Road, is
      typically lightly traveled and the first half has a new asphalt surface
      (great butt road) and has a small shoulder but with rumble strips...the
      second half is also a great surface but with more rural traffic.  The course
      is not flat but has no steep climbs...crank the big chainring all the way for
      most riders.
      For those planning to do the offroad Duathlon the following weekend, we'll
      have a course orientation, brick workout next Tuesday evening.  Meet at the
      parking lot at the end of Columns drive at 6:30...you may want to park at the
      lot next to I-285 and do a warmup ride on the 'Hooch trail.  We'll ride the
      bike route first then do the run course.
      Thanks for supporting your club...