Recent Thefts

  • Kasey
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2009
      Hi All,

      I just thought I would share something that happened in our neighborhood about two weeks ago. One of my neighbors was up around 3:30 in the morning feeding her baby. She noticed a car driving very slowly through the neighborhood and decided to look out the window to see what was going on. She noticed the car stopping at some of the houses with cars parked outside. They were going through the cars. While she was on the phone with the police, her husband went outside and got their plate number. Thanks to their quick acting, the police caught the men at the 4-way stop. They had a truckful of items they had stolen from unlocked cars. The police mentioned to her that as they drove around my cul-de-sac, they noticed two garage doors left open. If you park your cars outside of your garage, you may want to make sure all your valuables are removed from the car and that the doors are locked.

      This same neighbor had her husband's bike stolen a few days prior to this incident. Her husband was in the back mowing the lawn. The garage door was open (who doesn't leave their garage door open while doing yleard work). Someone went in their garage during the daytime and stole it. He probably rode right out of the garage on the bike.

      I know we live in a very safe community, but with theft on the rise, it is probably a good idea to safeguard our houses/automobiles against these thefts.

      Thanks,
      Kasey Hansen