Re: [sumerland] Official forum "New GoldDawn"

  • Jane Barnes
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 1, 2010
      Sweet!

      I'm Nephilimfields on there :)

      Jane

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I like my men like I like my coffee:
      Dry-roasted, ground up and in the freezer.

      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 1, 2010
        I'm on there as markanthonyquested....how very original!

        Considering how lively Dawnrazor gets (and occasionlly Sumerland), I wonder if the official camp know what they are letting themselves in for?  LOL!!!

        (Coincidentally, one Rob Ferguson recently congratulated me for bringing some reasoned debate and common sense to a rant on DR, which had descended into a hate campaign again Transcend.  I try my best!)

        Regards

        Mark Quested

        * * * * * * * *

        If you like rock, heavy metal and other alternative music, then please check out the following:

        Transcend Internet site - http://www.transcendmediagroup.com/

        Transcend Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/TranscendRecords

        Transcend Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Tran...scend_Crew

        Transcend Media Group, and its record label Transcend Records, manage a number of bands including the legendary Goth Rocker Carl McCoy, who is better known as Fields of the Nephilim. Transcend are also responsible for the UK HELLFIRE music festival, whose headline acts last year were Saxon and Fields of the Nephilim.

        Tell all your alternative friends and metalheads! Spread the word and let us help publicise the Transcend label!

        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 1, 2010
          I have just been having a brief chit chat with Rob Ferguson via Facebook.  New Gold Dawn IS 100% official.  An announcement will soon be made on Myspace and the main FOTN web site.

          Regards

          Mark Quested

          * * * * * * * *

          If you like rock, heavy metal and other alternative music, then please check out the following:

          Transcend Internet site - http://www.transcendmediagroup.com/

          Transcend Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/TranscendRecords

          Transcend Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Tran...scend_Crew

          Transcend Media Group, and its record label Transcend Records, manage a number of bands including the legendary Goth Rocker Carl McCoy, who is better known as Fields of the Nephilim. Transcend are also responsible for the UK HELLFIRE music festival, whose headline acts last year were Saxon and Fields of the Nephilim.

          Tell all your alternative friends and metalheads! Spread the word and let us help publicise the Transcend label!

          Dry-roasted, ground up and in the freezer.

          I assume everyone knows about this, but in case not

          http://newgolddawn.com/

        • Dragon
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 4, 2010
            It's been my experience on Nephilim forums that many topics descend into rants and a lot of really negative stuff. I remember Frank's old board and a couple of others and they got that way. Then I started seeing that trend in DR, so I just stay away.

            Ray

            Please visit
            Semjaaza's 777 ~ Home of the Watchers
            http://www.semjaaza.com/

            Make change, not war.

            Thank you ~;>

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 5, 2010
                I think that can be said of most Internet forums!

                I went off on one on a Goth forum not so long ago, because I hated and detested the attitude of some of the people on there.  They came across as rude and aggressive, some of them, so I gave them a little rant of my own!  ;-)

                On another, some mad woman and her legal-minded sod of a husband threaterned to sue me for $15,000 dollars; despite the fact that what I said was accurate and factual.  (I tried to forewarn other site users about this woman's unpleasant behaviour and got threaterned with bogus legal action!)  However, this mad woman just ranted and ranted and ranted and called me all sorts of names, insults and libellous comments about me, which made her come across as completely barking mad!  So much so, that complete strangers began leaping to my defence.  She tried, unsuccessfully, to get me banned from this social networking site.  She failed!  She subsequently ended up getting banned herself from one of the groups on this site, after her irrational behaviour and libellous remarks against me.

                I am surprised that Carl has even agreed to an official forum; I wonder whether they know what they are letting themselves in for?  LOL!!!

                Maybe the reason why there is now an official forum, so that they can combat some of the bullshit that circulates around the fanbase on occasions?  For example, there was a recent rant on Dawnrazor regarding Transcend Music Group and Rob Ferguson.  It was getting very personal.  I then posted a long post, explaining the facts as to how Carl came to be managed by Rob Ferguson / 7 Management and more recently TMG.  It then descened into a debate about Carl's connection with TMG and Transcend Records.  Anyway, to cut a long story short, Rob Ferguson personally congratulated me on my handling of the debate, saying that I brought some reasoned debate in an otherwise unreasonable rant!  His colleague subsequently posted a counter-argument to what the original poster stated.

                Going back to New Gold Dawn, I noticed that an "old friend" of Sumerland is already on there!  (That did not take her long!)  And I suspect this same individual is still on Dawnrazor under a new identity.  This "old friend" was a bit of a controversial character, to say the least, and her posts became a bit rabid and eccentric.  And her first post on New Gold Dawn is "interesting"!  See if you can spot it!  ;-)

                Whoever is supervising New Gold Dawn, I wish them the best of luck!  LOL!!!  :-)

                Regards

                Mark Quested

                * * * * * * * *

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 5, 2010
                  Not wanting to sound a bit arse-licky, but!...

                  I have always found Sumerland (Dead But Dreaming) to be one of the most friendiest of Internet forums, Fields of the Nephilim or otherwise.

                  John, and more recently Raywn, has always moderated well and kept the forum friendly.

                  Some other forums (no names) sometimes come across like a drunken brawl!

                  Regards

                  Mark Quested

                  * * * * * * * *

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 5, 2010
                    Thanks, Mark - although there would probably be a couple of people who didn't think so, between me and John. We've always tried to just keep the rules simple:

                    Try to stay somewhat on topic - we know it's hard sometimes.
                    Don't spam people (intentionally).
                    Discussions and even a bit of argument is fine...it's healthy - but when it crosses the line into flaming another, then it's time to say something.

                    And, speaking of spam, Dave Barnes (blutengel) sends his apologies for the spam mail and says it's all sorted out now. That was not anything he did and we all know that. I think the reason that this is such a good list is that it's full of intelligent people who actually understand how things are.

                    So, while complements are passed around, they are passed on to you all. You guys are a great lot and some of the coolest people I ever met or have gotten to know.

                    @Thomas: give it time, it'll be back ;)

                    have a great weekend all,

                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 7, 2010
                      To: sumerland@yahoogroups.com
                      From: semjaaza@...
                      Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:42:36 -0700

                      There is a new gig rumour on this new Forum:

                      Budapest 10.12.2010

                    • Glenn
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 7, 2010
                        Hmm. New gigs, new forum. How about new new material, new DVDs and double live albums and such?
                        Imminent my ass! Ho Hum!

                        Cheers
                        Glenn
                        From: semjaaza@...
                        Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 15:42:36 -0700

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 7, 2010
                          Just to clear up:

                          According
                          to an official statement on "New Gold Dawn" official FOTN Forum this is
                          a false rumour - there is no gig at this date scheduled!