Re: [sumerland] Porto gig photos

  • wraithqueen1@aim.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 9, 2010
      Bethany, your profile is set to private and we'd have to add you as a friend.

      Jane

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I like my men like I like my coffee:
      Dry-roasted, ground up and in the freezer.

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 10, 2010
        I was having trouble uploading the Aleister Crowley poems document.  The first time, I got an error.  I had to delete it and add it a second time before it worked.

        Regards

        Mark Quested

        * * * * * * * *

        Mark Quested on the Internet -

        markanthonyquested@...

        MYSPACE - http://www.myspace.com/markanthonyquested

        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1278236546
        FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/people/Mark_Anthony_Quested/1278236546

        I've posted the gig photos from Porto on my mysapce page,I did try uploadng them to a photo album here but for some reason I refused to work,so if want to take a look at the pics you can find them at www.myspace.com/bethblood
          hope you like them!
            Bethany

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            sumerland-digest@yahoogroups.com
            sumerland-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Dragon
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 10, 2010
          It could be that we're reaching our limit of what space we have left for our group files. I'll have to check it out, but I can't until next week.

          R.

          markanthonyquested@ yahoo.co. uk

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sumerland/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              sumerland-digest@ yahoogroups. com
              sumerland-fullfeatu red@yahoogroups. com

              http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

        • Bethany Wiseblood
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 10, 2010
            thanks Jane,I'll didint realise I hadnt changed it,will rectify that asap:-)

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
              You just never know what you'll find when you go poking around on the web. Here's an article that might be of interest to some here. They found a man from Siberia in Greenland and they estimate he's about 5,500 years old. For the full story, here is the article:

              cheers and happy Friday,
              Ray
            • Cobweb
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                Raises left eyebrow slightly and grins

                Web

                --- In sumerland@yahoogroups.com, Dragon <semjaaza@...> wrote:

                > You just never know what you'll find when you go poking around on the web. Here's an article that might be of interest to some here. They found a man from Siberia in Greenland and they estimate he's about 5,500 years old. For the full story, here is the article:
                >
                > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100210/sc_nm/us_human_genes
                >
                > cheers and happy Friday,
                > Ray

              • John - Terra Serpentis
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                  Ray,

                  Definitely of interest.  Thanks!

                  --o--

                  "I have gazed on the marsh where Sarnath once stood."
                  - HP Lovecraft, The Quest of Iranon

                • mark quested
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                    Speaking of age, a little birdie tells me that a certain Cobweb will be celebrating a birthday on Sunday.  Happy Birthday!

                    ;-)

                    Regards

                    Mark Quested

                    * * * * * * * *

                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                      I trust you all know that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, that God put fossils here to test our faith, that the story of Adam and Eve is actually true (if one ignores the issue of Eve giving birth to two sons, yet one of them found himself a wife, etc), etc?  ;-)

                      Frighteningly enough, some people actually believe that!

                      Regards

                      Mark Quested

                      * * * * * * * *

                      Mark Quested on the Internet -

                      markanthonyquested@...

                      MYSPACE - http://www.myspace.com/markanthonyquested

                      FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1278236546
                      FACEBOOK - http://www.facebook.com/people/Mark_Anthony_Quested/1278236546

                      You just never know what you'll find when you go poking around on the web. Here's an article that might be of interest to some here. They found a man from Siberia in Greenland and they estimate he's about 5,500 years old. For the full story, here is the article:

                      cheers and happy Friday,
                      Ray

                    • ThomasBauduret

                              sumerland-digest@yahoogroups.com <http://uk.mc238.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sumerland-digest@yahoogroups.com>
                              sumerland-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <http://uk.mc238.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sumerland-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                            Many thanks Ray:-))  very fascinating reading!

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                              Look at Abraham and his 'sister-wife'. A lot of families of royal blood actually did marry their sisters - notably the Egyptians and the Romans - to keep their bloodlines pure. It's theorized that's why Akhenaton was such an odd looking duck and why King Ludwig of Bavaria was a bit mad.

                              Rather than look at these things as absurdities, I see them more as 'points of interest'. They tend to point to other things.

                              And I guess that Siberian man is only 4,000 years old. My mistake. It was very late...or early when I read it and my mind is a bit mushy from semjaaza things. You'll see why soon! It's really kind of amazing just how much our ancestors got around.

                              Yes, Webby...Happy Birthday - again. ;)

                              R.
                            • Cobweb
                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 11, 2010
                                --- In sumerland@yahoogroups.com, mark quested <markanthonyquested@...> wrote:

                                > I trust you all know that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, that God put fossils here to test our faith, that the story of Adam and Eve is actually true (if one ignores the issue of Eve giving birth to two sons, yet one of them found himself a wife, etc), etc?  ;-)
                                >
                                > Frighteningly enough, some people actually believe that!

                                I find it frightening too, but I find it just as frightening that people are happy to assume the people who told those stories were somehow retarded compared to 21st Century man.I'm pretty sure all things being equal that there has always been a section of the population that believed them at face value and those people have their place because they kept on telling the stories with no idea what information they were preserving and passing on. Stories are a great way of passing on important knowledge that can only be de-coded by the people who have been given the key. Some of the keys have been lost due to the kind of people who believe fossils are a test of their faith, but more have been lost because of people who assume that there's no truth in fairy tales.
                                Personally I like to think my ancestors were licked from salty ice blocks by a giant cow ;)

                                Thanks for the birthday wish people - it is appreciated.

                                Dead but dreaming
                                Web
                              • mark quested
                                Message 15 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                  Well, that's the point really.  A lot of what is in the Holy Bible are fables and stories.  But to some, they are the literal word of God, albeit written by man (presumably)...or "divine inspiration" as fundamentalist Christians would try to have us believe.

                                  To quote one inarticulate Christian that phoned the James Stannage radio show once, "The word of God that man writ!"

                                  Regards

                                  Mark Quested

                                  * * * * * * * *

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                    They are fables and stories, but they're also important fables and stories that if you start digging into them reveal some very...um, disturbing stuff. Almost all 'sacred texts' are written as parables - i.e. they DON'T mean what they say. They mean something else.

                                    These peoples' problem is that they let other people tell them what it all means, instead of figuring it out themselves....because...well, I won't go there.

                                    R.

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                      Personally I like to think my ancestors were licked from salty ice blocks by a giant cow ;)

                                      Lol.

                                      R.
                                    • ThomasBauduret
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010

                                        Le 12/02/10 12:21, « Dragon » <semjaaza@...> a écrit :

                                        They are fables and stories, but they're also important fables and stories that if you start digging into them reveal some very...um, disturbing stuff. Almost all 'sacred texts' are written as parables - i.e. they DON'T mean what they say. They mean something else.

                                        I know I stated it before, but on this ground, I don’t see why the theory of evolution can’t be accepted along with the Bible. If the “seven days creation” is not a perfect metaphor for guided evolution, I don’t know what is.
                                        (Besides, it was supposed to be acceptable for everyone in an age where education was for the elites only. So parables told as entertaining stories verrrry slowwwwly were fitting.
                                        Heck, in 2000 years, maybe they’ll think a race of giant robots turning into cars and trucks were actually battling on the earth… ;)

                                        Thomas
                                      • ThomasBauduret
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                          Re: [sumerland] Re: 5500 year old Siberian man in Greenland

                                          Le 12/02/10 12:21, « Dragon » <semjaaza@...> a écrit :

                                          Personally I like to think my ancestors were licked from salty ice blocks by a giant cow ;)

                                          Blasphemer !
                                          We were created by the great Flying Spaghetti Monster ! (All hail His noodly appendages !)

                                          Thomas, dumb and dumberer.
                                        • Dragon
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                            Exactly, Thomas! Jesus even says he's teaching in parables and his desciples as why are you doing this? And he says something like "Some will understand and most won't."

                                            It's disturbing that people don't understand that when he says it very plainly. If I recall, creation does happen in the order it would have if it was evolutionary style. In Hinduism, the 'days' of Brahma last 1000s of years, you see.

                                            R.

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Feb 12, 2010
                                              Re: [sumerland] Re: 5500 year old Siberian man in Greenland …Good point ! Of course, we know the number of contradictions which are in the Bible, prrof that it’s flawed and not to be taken verbatim.

                                              Thomas