Re: [sumerland] religion of neo-nazism

  • ThomasBauduret
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
      Re: [sumerland] religion of neo-nazism I read the Levey-an website and their definition of satanism, and found it to be the most consensual writ since scientology… But that is just me !

      Thomas

      Most neo-nazis in the USA are Christians.  Or they say, "my race is
      my religion".  (an actual quote from WAR, National Front, and Aryan
      Nation).

      Most KKK members are Baptists, fundamentalists at that.

      Few have any concept of Asatru or Wotanism or neo-heathenism.  Few
      would know who Death in June or Wardruna are.  Fewer know Jesus from
      Loki.

      Now, on the opposite of that, I have met a number of Asatru and neo-
      heathens who do have right wing, or at least racist leanings.  All of
      which are of course founded in ignorance instead of information.

      I would argue that Satanism (in the true Lavey sense of complete self-
      indulgence) is present in some fascist groups.  But one could argue
      that Satanism is simply diluted Nihilism in the first place...

    • Mark Anthony Quested
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
        I just shake my head in dispair at the general on-going stupidity of the human race!

        I have often thought (and have sometimes said) that a lot of Christians are (a) anything but Christians, (b) do not practice what Jesus preached, (c) often in reality Old Testament Fundamentalists rather than Christians, (d) hypocrites (thou shall not commit murder...unless the victim is a abortionist/Muslim/has oil in his faraway country, etc, etc, etc), (e)...I could go on, but I shall not.

        MQ

        --- In sumerland@yahoogroups.com, John Harford <aurum@...> wrote:

        > Most neo-nazis in the USA are Christians. Or they say, "my race is
        > my religion". (an actual quote from WAR, National Front, and Aryan
        > Nation).
        >
        > Most KKK members are Baptists, fundamentalists at that.
        >
        > Few have any concept of Asatru or Wotanism or neo-heathenism. Few
        > would know who Death in June or Wardruna are. Fewer know Jesus from
        > Loki.
        >
        > Now, on the opposite of that, I have met a number of Asatru and neo-
        > heathens who do have right wing, or at least racist leanings. All of
        > which are of course founded in ignorance instead of information.
        >
        > I would argue that Satanism (in the true Lavey sense of complete self-
        > indulgence) is present in some fascist groups. But one could argue
        > that Satanism is simply diluted Nihilism in the first place...

      • Dragon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
          Ah...perhaps in your neck of the woods, this is so. I would likely agree with the bit about the KKK being mostly Baptist, it being a large part of the history and culture of the American South...which is predominantly Baptist.

          However...what about David Lane?

          The husband of the High Priestess of the Joy of Satan Ministries ("Maxine Dietrich") used to be the head of a national chapter of neo-nazis and had a web page, recruiting people. Joy of Satan Ministries is huge. This is all "slander" precipitated by Jews and the Catholic Church, according to Maxine. But I saw the page with my own two eyes and read it and followed the contact link...which happened to have a snail mail address that was either the same or similar to the JoS mailing address. (It's been several years since I saw all this and the memory is fuzzy on the particulars. But I do remember that the correlation was there to back up the supposed link between them.) And for a time after that, on the JoS Yahoo Groups, there were five related groups there and as I recall had something like "Nazi Youth for Satan" or some such in the title of at least one. Pity, I didn't take screen-shots.

          If you read the article on David Lane, you'll see that in my neck of the woods, things are a bit different. This has been "local news" where I live off and on over the years. We all experience things within our own frame of reference and locational experiences. What is true for you is not necessarily what is true in someone else's frame of reference.

          This is true in mine.

          R.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
            Since Christianity is a cobbled together religion with many of the myths and ideas being taken from various religions, it's hard to say what a Christian really is.  So many of the myths make no sense whatsoever (hence the strong value of "faith" in a religion that can't really explain anything), I'm surprised people can do the mental gymnastics required to believe in them!  Anyhow, Orthodox Christianity varies an enormous amount from Catholic and Protestant (that sprang from the Catholic) religions.  Christianity seems to be able to be anything to anyone, which is why it is still so popular, I would think.

            Keen

            I just shake my head in dispair at the general on-going stupidity of the human race!

            I have often thought (and have sometimes said) that a lot of Christians are (a) anything but Christians, (b) do not practice what Jesus preached, (c) often in reality Old Testament Fundamentalists rather than Christians, (d) hypocrites (thou shall not commit murder...unless the victim is a abortionist/ Muslim/has oil in his faraway country, etc, etc, etc), (e)...I could go on, but I shall not.

            MQ

            --- In sumerland@yahoogrou ps.com, John Harford <aurum@...> wrote:

            > Most neo-nazis in the USA
            are Christians. Or they say, "my race is
            > my religion". (an actual quote
            from WAR, National Front, and Aryan
            > Nation).
            >
            > Most KKK
            members are Baptists, fundamentalists at that.

            > Few have any
            concept of Asatru or Wotanism or neo-heathenism. Few
            > would know who
            Death in June or Wardruna are. Fewer know Jesus from
            > Loki.
            >
            > Now, on the opposite of that, I have met a number of Asatru and neo-
            > heathens who do have right wing, or at least racist leanings. All of
            > which are of course founded in ignorance instead of
            information.

            > I would argue that Satanism (in the true Lavey
            sense of complete self-
            > indulgence) is present in some fascist groups.
            But one could argue
            > that Satanism is simply diluted Nihilism in the
            first place...

              To view our Email Confidentiality Notice, please click here.