Re: [sullivanstriders] Wurtsboro Mt. 30K

  • Benita Auge
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2009
      Kim - Thank you for being so kind yesterday when I phoned.  This is the second time I have planned on running in Sullivan races and had car trouble.  I know you were helping out and didn't need another problem to deal with.  I can't begin to express how disappointed I was that I could not compete.  I was planning on the mileage as I'm doing a marathon in three weeks and needed the training.  I also missed out on the dynamic comraderie that has become part of the Sullivan Striders races.  It was a wonderful day to run with friends.  However, I'm happy the event went well for you and the others.

      Benita

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2009
        Hi Benita!  No problem at all.   I just wish there was something I could have done to help.  I felt bad when I got your message that you weren't able to make it.  I know it's not the same as participating in the 30K, but I do hope you were able to get your run in yesterday.  I reached out to Myriam and she is putting aside a hat for you.   I'm assuming, as part of your tapering, I will see you at the HV 15K?  I hope to give it to you then. Take care and we'll see you soon!   Kim

      • ebayart1@aim.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 2009
          Sorry to see that Benita missed the WM30K race. It was great weather and everyone seemed to enjoy the day.  I only wish I had run instead of helping out. I gotta say I felt almost as tired just handing out fluids.  Make sure to check out the pics I have posted and keep checking back as I got a lot more that I haven't even gotten to yet.  You can find them at http://www.sullivanstriders.org/wm30k_2009_pics.htm  A special thank you to Myriam Loor. She really has gone the extra mile to make this event a must do race for the hard core runner in the Tri-State metropolitan area.  Not to mention nothing about all the other fine events that she has recently held for us athletes.

[...]

        • Myriam Loor
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3 6:48 PM
            It was definitely a great day, weather and energywise. I am grateful for two beautiful sunny days!

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 8 4:06 PM
              WHAT THE HELL? I sent this email on Sunday. What are the gremlins from the Internet screwing with now?