Subliminal or hidden pictures

  • my_subconscious_self
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 25, 2001
      Is anyone here into making subliminal pictures or
      hiding pictures within another picture? There are two
      ways of doing this. One is to have the "hidden"
      picture just very faint ly visible in the carrier
      picture. This can be done quite easily with Microsoft's
      PictureIt! programs. The other technique is steganography,
      where the hidden picture is enbedded by computer
      program into the carrier picture and can only be
      extracted and viewed by those with the same program. This
      can be done with the shareware programs "Invisible
      Secrets" or "Camouflage" available for download from
      softseek.com . <br><br>Steganography made the news yesterday
      about Bin Laden's video tapes, and they also told how
      some pictures on ebay carried hidden
      pictures.<br><br>Anyway, I find the idea of hidden pictures within
      pictures to be a fascinating idea. Anyone
      interested?<br><br>MSS
    • polytampa
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 26, 2001
        advertisers have been doing the "hide in plain
        view" for years with good success- having the
        suggestion of a phalic type symbol bein caressed by the
        beautiful model while she smokes or something and suggests"
        wouldn't you like a lucky strike too" or some such- these
        ideas and imagry of course are all somewhat set on the
        fruedian idea of sybols having direct access to the
        unconsciou or "subliminal" messages- but some of he other
        you refer to like the hiding of messages not
        unconcious but unrecognizable within a message only
        retreivable by software decodeing is a different idea- but
        yes interested to hear more thanks for the website
        references ill check them out Paul
      • neo2868
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 26, 2001
          i have a book on dream telepathy but i havent read it yet when i do ill let you know how it goes
        • my_subconscious_self
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 26, 2001
            There are still other ways of hiding pictures in
            plain sight. One is to use a photomosaic program that
            allows the user to set the fade or blend level of the
            small tiles with the master image. Mosaic Magic is
            freeware/shareware will allow you to do this. Mosaic Creator is
            another. There are more also, such as Centarsia. Other
            programs allow you to make kalaidoscope images, and then
            you can make a kaliedoscope image of a previous
            kaliedoscope image. The patterns produced are fascinating, and
            at a distance you don't notice what the little
            pictures are. <br>The Invisible Secrets program is now the
            3.) version, which is a 30 day shareware before
            registering. I use the older version (forget the number) which
            has no time limit. I have it saved on CD and in my
            yahoo briefcase. It is about 1.5 Mb in size. But you
            can be sure that even with password protection, the
            gov't or hackers can access the hidden picture, though
            not the usual computer user.<br><br>MSS
          • my_subconscious_self
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 26, 2001
              I had one too, but can't remember the author. Loaned it out and now it's gone. I wanted to be in someone else's dreams (grin)<br><br>MSS
            • my_subconscious_self
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 29, 2001
                I tried to send you email but messed it up
                somehow. The program "Invisible Secrets is available for
                download as shareware from Softseek.com. It is version
                3.0. The earlier version is the one I use because it
                is a no time limit demo. I have it stored in several
                places because I feel it is so valuable and useful I
                don't ever want to lose it. The freeware version is
                something like V2.2. but not available on the web anymore.
                It is about 1.3 meg in size. If anyone wants this
                version I could probably attach it to an email to
                them.<br><br>For hiding in plain sight as part of another picture,
                I feel that MicroSoft's PictureIUt! is the best and
                easiest program for fading and blending one image into
                another. You can cut out a segment of one picture and add
                it to another, you can fade and blend the edges of
                the cutout, and you can set the transparency of the
                cut out anywhere from 0 to 100%. You can addd as many
                cut outs to the main picture as you want, and
                manipulate each in anyway you want. Really great for
                subliminal images. <br> Other hiding techniques are to make
                phototiles mosaics. Those are the pictures that are made up
                of many smaller pictures as small tiles. Mosaic
                Magic is a good one and also available as a download
                from Softseek.com. Mosaic Creator is great also. Then
                there are programs that will make kaliedoscope type
                images from your main picture, and you can make a
                kaliedoscopic picture from another kaliedoscopic picture to
                where you get very beautiful patterns and each seperate
                image within the pattern reveals itself to be a whole
                picture in itself, but the tiny picture is not obvious
                unless one examines it really closely. Sometimes by
                using PictureIt! I combine a kaliedoscope picture with
                another whole-frame single picture and fade/merge the two
                together. <br><br>Charles
              • hypnocharmer
                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 7, 2002
                  Hi. You ever wonder why some people you meet tend
                  to have an influence over your mind?<br>Ever catch
                  yourself doing something you normally wouldn't?<br>Ever
                  wonder what it might take to get him/her to do this, or
                  accept that?<br>These are the questions we work on
                  answering.<br>I'm the Hypnocharmer (Certified Hypnotherapist, & NLP
                  Master Practitioner).<br>We invite the membership to
                  visit our club, where my associate Dr.Laura DeGiorgio
                  and I, write about the art of subliminal suggestion,
                  and other branches of hypnotic mind
                  control.<br>Please join us, in the freedom to share
                  knowledge.<br><br><a href=http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/experiencedeeptrancenow target=new>http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/experiencedeeptrancenow</a>
                • my_subconscious_self
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 12, 2002
                    Has anyone here tried to make their own
                    subliminal tapes? I think that with three tape recorders and
                    connecting cables and adapters it could be done. One
                    recorder for the "Carrier tape" that is the predominant
                    audio to go on the final tape, another for the
                    subliminal message to go on the final tape, and one two
                    record the input from both tapes and make the final
                    tape. Bur for the subliminal message I would like to
                    have it continuously repeat over and over all the
                    while the final tape is being recorded. <br>The making
                    of subliminal pictures with hisdden subliminal
                    messages is very easy with Microsoft's Picture It image
                    editing software. Now if I could combine it all into a
                    screensaver; that would be great.<br><br>MSS