Christmas 2004 - Dialogue about Jesus Christ

  • mondonuovo1000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
      Jesus defeated death not for him but for all of us. In order to open
      to all us the door towards a happy eternity. He defeated death to let
      us win that "useless passion" that is the short life on earth,
      opening prospectives of infinite when every way seemed closed by the
      black wall of a final and inevitable end. Here we will talk about His
      Resurrection, trying to answer some questions as the ones which
      follow for example:

      - Why can we understand the sense of our life only thinking of
      eternity ?
      - What are the reasons of our Faith?
      - And what about people who do not have Faith?
      - Why death?
      - Can reason and common sense help us in our Faith?
      - What is the mistake in the hypothesis which deny Jesus Christ?

      Sito Web: www.lorenzocrescini.it/dialogue

      E-Mail: ricercapap@...

      To all the readers a loving greeting
      Lorenzo Crescini
    • Christ Michael
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2004
        P.914 - �6 No human emotion or impulse, when unbridled and overindulged, can
        produce so much harm and sorrow as this powerful sex urge. Intelligent
        submission of this impulse to the regulations of society is the supreme test
        of the actuality of any civilization. Self-control, more and more
        self-control, is the ever-increasing demand of advancing mankind. Secrecy,
        insincerity, and hypocrisy may obscure sex problems, but they do not provide
        solutions, nor do they advance ethics.

        P.1438 - �1 "This day, my son, you are to be reborn, re-established as a man
        of faith, courage, and devoted service to man, for God's sake. And when you
        become so readjusted to life within yourself, you become likewise readjusted
        to the universe; you have been born again--born of the spirit--and
        henceforth will your whole life become one of victorious accomplishment.

        P.1731 - �1 I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the
        spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy
        of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the
        possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the
        human soul to make--the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in
        yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own
        personal experience.

        P.1775 - �0 can be experienced only by those who have discovered and
        embraced the living God as the eternal goal of infinite attainment. And thus
        to transfer one's goal from time to eternity, from earth to Paradise, from
        the human to the divine, requires that man shall become regenerated,
        converted, be born again; that he shall become the re-created child of the
        divine spirit; that he shall gain entrance into the brotherhood of the
        kingdom of heaven.

        P.1782 - �1 I see in the teachings of Jesus, religion at its best. This
        gospel enables us to seek for the true God and to find him. But are we
        willing to pay the price of this entrance into the kingdom of heaven? Are we
        willing to be born again? to be remade? Are we willing to be subject to this
        terrible and testing process of self-destruction and soul reconstruction?
        Has not the Master said: "Whoso would save his life must lose it. Think not
        that I have come to bring peace but rather a soul struggle"? True, after we
        pay the price of dedication to the Father's will, we do experience great
        peace provided we continue to walk in these spiritual paths of consecrated
        living.

        P.1829 - �4 Slowly the apostles and many of the disciples were learning the
        meaning of Jesus' early declaration: "Unless you are born again, born of the
        spirit, you cannot enter the kingdom of God."

        P.2052 - �3 "And now you should give ear to my words lest you again make the
        mistake of hearing my teaching with the mind while in your hearts you fail
        to comprehend the meaning. From the beginning of my sojourn as one of you, I
        taught you that my one purpose was to reveal my Father in heaven to his
        children on earth. I have lived the God-revealing bestowal that you might
        experience the God-knowing career. I have revealed God as your Father in
        heaven; I have revealed you as the sons of God on earth. It is a fact that
        God loves you, his sons. By faith in my word this fact becomes an eternal
        and living truth in your hearts. When, by living faith, you become divinely
        God-conscious, you are then born of the spirit as children of light and
        life, even the eternal life wherewith you shall ascend the universe of
        universes and attain the experience of finding God the Father on Paradise.

        P.2084 - �1 Christianity has indeed done a great service for this world, but
        what is now most needed is Jesus. The world needs to see Jesus living again
        on earth in the experience of spirit-born mortals who effectively reveal the
        Master to all men. It is futile to talk about a revival of primitive
        Christianity; you must go forward from where you find yourselves. Modern
        culture must become spiritually baptized with a new revelation of Jesus'
        life and illuminated with a new understanding of his gospel of eternal
        salvation. And when Jesus becomes thus lifted up, he will draw all men to
        himself. Jesus' disciples should be more than conquerors, even overflowing
        sources of inspiration and enhanced living to all men. Religion is only an
        exalted humanism until it is made divine by the discovery of the reality of
        the presence of God in personal experience.

        P.2018 - �1 The cross forever shows that the attitude of Jesus toward
        sinners was neither condemnation nor condonation, but rather eternal and
        loving salvation. Jesus is truly a savior in the sense that his life and
        death do win men over to goodness and righteous survival. Jesus loves men so
        much that his love awakens the response of love in the human heart. Love is
        truly contagious and eternally creative. Jesus' death on the cross
        exemplifies a love which is sufficiently strong and divine to forgive sin
        and swallow up all evil-doing. Jesus disclosed to this world a higher
        quality of righteousness than justice--mere technical right and wrong.
        Divine love does not merely forgive wrongs; it absorbs and actually destroys
        them. The forgiveness of love utterly transcends the forgiveness of mercy.
        Mercy sets the guilt of evil-doing to one side; but love destroys forever
        the sin and all weakness resulting therefrom. Jesus brought a new method of
        living to Urantia. He taught us not to resist evil but to find through him a
        goodness which effectually destroys evil. The forgiveness of Jesus is not
        condonation; it is salvation from condemnation. Salvation does not slight
        wrongs; it makes them right. True love does not compromise nor condone hate;
        it destroys it. The love of Jesus is never satisfied with mere forgiveness.
        The Master's love implies rehabilitation, eternal survival. It is altogether
        proper to speak of salvation as redemption if you mean this eternal
        rehabilitation.

        P.1193 - �1 No matter what the previous status of the inhabitants of a
        world, subsequent to the bestowal of a divine Son and after the bestowal of
        the Spirit of Truth upon all humans, the Adjusters flock to such a world to
        indwell the minds of all normal will creatures. Following the completion of
        the mission of a Paradise bestowal Son, these Monitors truly become the
        "kingdom of heaven within you." Through the bestowal of the divine gifts the
        Father makes the closest possible approach to sin and evil, for it is
        literally true that the Adjuster must coexist in the mortal mind even in the
        very midst of human unrighteousness. The indwelling Adjusters are
        particularly tormented by those thoughts which are purely sordid and
        selfish; they are distressed by irreverence for that which is beautiful and
        divine, and they are virtually thwarted in their work by many of man's
        foolish animal fears and childish anxieties.

        P.1217 - �1 Mind is the cosmic instrument on which the human will can play
        the discords of destruction, or upon which this same human will can bring
        forth the exquisite melodies of God identification and consequent eternal
        survival. The Adjuster bestowed upon man is, in the last analysis,
        impervious to evil and incapable of sin, but mortal mind can actually be
        twisted, distorted, and rendered evil and ugly by the sinful machinations of
        a perverse and self-seeking human will. Likewise can this mind be made
        noble, beautiful, true, and good--actually great--in accordance with the
        spirit-illuminated will of a God-knowing human being.

        P.1217 - �4 Mind is your ship, the Adjuster is your pilot, the human will is
        captain. The master of the mortal vessel should have the wisdom to trust the
        divine pilot to guide the ascending soul into the morontia harbors of
        eternal survival. Only by selfishness, slothfulness, and sinfulness can the
        will of man reject the guidance of such a loving pilot and eventually wreck
        the mortal career upon the evil shoals of rejected mercy and upon the rocks
        of embraced sin. With your consent, this faithful pilot will safely carry
        you across the barriers of time and the handicaps of space to the very
        source of the divine mind and on beyond, even to the Paradise Father of
        Adjusters.

        P.37-#4 The rule of the Creator Sons in the local universes is one of
        creation and spiritualization. These Sons devote themselves to the
        effective execution of the P.394 - �2 There exists a plan for saving these
        wayward and unwise Sons, and many have availed themselves of this merciful
        provision; but never again may they function in those positions wherein they
        defaulted. After rehabilitation they are assigned to custodial duties and to
        departments of physical administration.P.394 - �6 It is in connection with
        these administrative spheres of the Lanonandeks that most of the salvaged
        Sons of that order serve as custodians and directors of planetary affairs.
        And these defaulting Planetary Princes and their associates in rebellion who
        choose to accept the proffered rehabilitation will continue to serve in
        these routine capacities, at least until the universe of Nebadon is settled
        in light and life.

        P.38 - �0 Paradise plan of progressive mortal ascension, to the
        rehabilitation of rebels and wrong thinkers, but when all such loving
        efforts are finally and forever rejected, the final decree of dissolution is
        executed by forces acting under the jurisdiction of the Ancients of Days.

        P.86 - �1 The Eternal Son is the personal trustee, the divine custodian, of
        the Father's universal plan of creature ascension. Having promulgated the
        universal mandate, "Be you perfect, even as I am perfect," the Father
        intrusted the execution of this tremendous undertaking to the Eternal Son;
        and the Eternal Son shares the fostering of this supernal enterprise with
        his divine co-ordinate, the Infinite Spirit. Thus do the Deities effectively
        co-operate in the work of creation, control, evolution, revelation, and
        ministration--and if required, in restoration and rehabilitation.

        P.520 - �3 This lighting of the sphere is uniformly maintained for
        seventy-five per cent of the Jerusem day, and then there is a gradual
        recession until, at the time of minimum illumination, the light is about
        that of your full moon on a clear night. This is the quiet hour for all
        Jerusem. Only the broadcast-receiving stations are in operation during this
        period of rest and rehabilitation.

        P.616 - �2 The very fact that an evil-doing creature can actually choose to
        do wrong--commit sin--establishes the fact of free-willness and fully
        justifies any length delay in the execution of justice provided the extended
        mercy might conduce to repentance and rehabilitation.

        P.757 - �3 There is no end to the recital of the stirring events of these
        tragic days. But at last the final decision of the last personality was
        made, and then, but only then, did a Most High of Edentia arrive with the
        emergency Melchizedeks to seize authority on Urantia. The Caligastia
        panoramic reign-records on Jerusem were obliterated, and the probationary
        era of planetary rehabilitation was inaugurated.

        P.827 - �3 The instructions given Adam by the Melchizedeks implied that he
        was to establish racial, continental, and divisional headquarters to be in
        charge of his immediate sons and daughters, while he and Eve were to divide
        their time among these various world capitals as advisers and co-ordinators
        of the world-wide ministry of biologic uplift, intellectual advancement, and
        moral rehabilitation.

        P.831 - �2 On the fourth day Adam and Eve addressed the Garden assembly.
        From the inaugural mount they spoke to the people concerning their plans for
        the rehabilitation of the world and outlined the methods whereby they would
        seek to redeem the social culture of Urantia from the low levels to which it
        had fallen as a result of sin and rebellion. This was a great day, and it
        closed with a feast for the council of men and women who had been selected
        to assume responsibilities in the new administration of world affairs. Take
        note! women as well as men were in this group, and that was the first time
        such a thing had occurred on earth since the days of Dalamatia. It was an
        astounding innovation to behold Eve, a woman, sharing the honors and
        responsibilities of world affairs with a man. And thus ended the fourth day
        on earth.

        P-1833#5 The fallen Prince had been deposed as world ruler, but he had not
        been removed from the planet. He was still present on earth and able, at
        least to some extent, to resist all of Adam's plans for the rehabilitation
        of human society. Adam tried to warn the races against Caligastia, but the
        task was made very difficult because his archenemy was invisible to the eyes
        of mortals.

        P.852 - �0 doomed to suffer the fate of the mortals of their world, they
        should certainly become eligible for admission to the ranks of the sleeping
        survivors of Urantia. They fully believed this gospel of resurrection and
        rehabilitation which the Melchizedeks so touchingly proclaimed to them.
        Their transgression had been an error of judgment and not the sin of
        conscious and deliberate rebellion.

        P.2075 - �1 But Christianity was sufficiently socialized and paganized that,
        while it was impotent to stay the oncoming dark ages, it was the better
        prepared to survive this long period of moral darkness and spiritual
        stagnation. And it did persist on through the long night of Western
        civilization and was still functioning as a moral influence in the world
        when the renaissance dawned. The rehabilitation of Christianity, following
        the passing of the dark ages, resulted in bringing into existence numerous
        sects of the Christian teachings, beliefs suited to special intellectual,
        emotional, and spiritual types of human personality. And many of these
        special Christian groups, or religious families, still persist at the time
        of the making of this presentation.

        P.2075 - �2 Christianity exhibits a history of having originated out of the
        unintended transformation of the religion of Jesus into a religion about
        Jesus. It further presents the history of having experienced Hellenization,
        paganization, secularization, institutionalization, intellectual
        deterioration, spiritual decadence, moral hibernation, threatened
        extinction, later rejuvenation, fragmentation, and more recent relative
        rehabilitation. Such a pedigree is indicative of inherent vitality and the
        possession of vast recuperative resources. And this same Christianity is now
        present in the civilized world of Occidental peoples and stands face to face
        with a struggle for existence which is even more
        ominous than those eventful crises which have characterized its past battles
        for dominance.