Daily Woodburn Update

  • ruth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
      I was able to see Mark for a short bit this evening and he continues to hold on.  His family shared with me the huge stack of cards and printed emails that have been sent to him.  We had nice time, full of laughs and touching moments, reading them all together.  The family expressed their great appreciation and are truly touched by all of your kind words.  They say Mark is responsive when they are read to him and that in turn comforts them.   I know that we are all busy this time of year, but it only takes a moment to send an email, say a prayer, or to just pause and think of Mark and his family.  Let's keep it up.

      Play safe and stay green this weekend and always,
      Ruth Newhouse

    • Roger Nurnberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2009
        Message
        Thanks for the updates and happenings in Mark's world.  We were so stunned to read about his stroke.  May God be with him and his family as he recovers.  We know a little about the effects of stroke as our grandson, Nick, had a full stroke when he was just 13 months old and they immediately started physical therapy on him and he is now a big,(6 foot 3 inches tall) age 22 and a senior at Iowa State Univ. majoring in farm technology and no one would ever notice his impairment - a weak right hand that only shows up when he is really tired. Please believe that Mark is going to continue to get better and more responsive as days pass.  We will continue to keep Mark and family in our prayers and thoughts.   Roger and JoAnn