Re: Johnson County

  • pyrowoody2
    Message 1 of 42 , Jul 21, 2013
      Sorry, clicked through 'send' before I was finished (and no jokes about finishing early ;-).

      Anyway - the hardest part of this show is that it is a midweek show. Getting a crew up is hard because many have to work. I figured one more reminder to try to round up people wouldn't hurt. We have some who have to work, getting there at all hours, so please don't let that stop you.

      A few of us (me included) managed to take the day off. If you can - do - but if not don't sweat it. 1:30, 3:30, or 5:30 makes no difference - we can use the help.

      A reminder: We are eating a breakfast and a Lunch (on the Fair board) for those working all day. For Breakfast, show up at the Variety Tent (East end - middle) of the grounds around 7:45 to 8am for a "Breakfast Special" (or whatever, at the Regina Boosters building (near the Variety Tent). Pre-thanks to those who will join us that Thursday (the 25th).

      Keep in mind also, that we will be on the Hill on Wednesday, the 24th to begin to set racks for the next Morning around 5:30 to 6 pm. We do not have access to the Hill from the road on the North side (Schuchert Road between the Fairgrounds and the Airport) anymore, so please drive up the South, from inside the Fairgrounds, around the backside of the South pole barn. If anyone challenges you, tell them you are with the Stumptown Club, and supposed to go up on the Hill. You should have no problems. Just in case you do, my cell number is 319 400-3759. The area looks like it is being dug up, and under construction (because it is), but just keep to the far right and even a two-wheel car can make it. It's much easier than it was - and shorter.

      Thanks to Everyone.

      Play Safe and Stay Green,

      Mark

    • markstephenwoodburn@yahoo.com
      Message 42 of 42 , Jul 21, 2014

        Hi All,

        Figured one more post before the fair. This show is on Thursday of this week (the 24th). I plan on being there early in the morning as I get off work at 6am anyway. Anyone wanting breakfast (on the fair board), should be there by 8am. At about 9ish, we will head up the hill. Andy is planning on having the racks already there, and set up.

        For anyone coming later, the route up the hill is on the far south (left side as you look at the hill), on the south side of the new horse arena. There is a bulldozed road which runs up to the hill. A 2 wheel drive vehicle CAN traverse this if it is not wet (no rain this year).

        Thanks to all, and we will see you there,

        Mark