The Club - a new way - and the state of things

  • Thomas Pingenot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2012

      Thanks Mark,

      I appreciate your well thought out statement. I’m certain it was difficult for you to write it. Times change and some of us don’t like what we see.

      My question is this: When did the ‘Club’ vote on a major change from a hobbyist organization to a ‘for profit ‘ company. I don’t recall hearing about a vote.

      The song ‘Sixteen Tons’ comes to mind: the words ‘I sold my soul to the company store’ keeps repeating in my mind.

      The club now appears to be in business as a for profit entertainment organization.

      I usually tell people one of the reasons we’ve gone to so many displays is to find the worst ones we’ve ever seen. The winner, so far, was a small, mostly ‘C’ show in south central Iowa, quite a few years ago. Maybe with separated chains and greatly reduced cue counts, we might find a new winner. (‘Hey Eunice, here’s a shot over here’. She says ‘Well, I seen one over here a little bit ago to.’

      No buckets?? No buckets???????????????? Really????? Damn!!!!!!!!!

      Thomas Pingenot