Re: NYE

  • pyrowoody2
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
      That's great to hear Gregg - come on down (now I feel like Monte Hall) - chocolate cookies?

      See them (uh - you), there.

      Mark

      --- In stumptownshooters@yahoogroups.com, "g.messer74" <g.messer74@...> wrote:

      > Yes Mark, I will be there. We will bring a crockpot of baked beans to complement Shawn's brisket. We'll also bring some cookies.
      >
      > Gregg
      >
      > --- In stumptownshooters@yahoogroups.com, "pyrowoody2" <mwoodburn@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Shawn,
      > >
      > > That's great to hear - we'll hope for good weather then (like we wouldn't anyway :-).
      > >
      > > Greg is certainly welcome to help - it should (literally) be a blast.
      > >
      > > See you guys on New Year's and have a great holiday season too!
      > >
      > > Remember - early (like 7 am) if you want a "Gene-cooked" breakfast. 9 - if you don't.
      > >
      > > Mark
      > >
      > > --- In stumptownshooters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Buckman <icpyro@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Mark,
      > > >
      > > > I am planning on being there if the wheather allows me to drive down. I
      > > > will bring crock pot full of smoked brisket. I am also hoping that Greg, that
      > > > came with me to the Johnson County Fair, with come with me.
      > > >
      > > > I want to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving! and a Great Holiday Season!
      > > >
      > > > Shawn
      > > > Granger, IA
      > > >
      > > > Stay Safe,  Support the Soliders and the Red, White, And Blue .  Amen, now light the fuse.
      > > >

      > > > ________________________________

    • Shawn Buckman
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2010
        Mark and Stumpies,

        Unfortunately somethings have come up and Gregg  and I will not be able to attend the NYE festivities.  Sorry if this causes any problems.  I hope all goes well.

        Shawn
        Granger, IA

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010
          Shawn & Gregg,

          Sorry to hear that, hope it wasn't the "cookie remark"! :-)

          We will really miss you guys (& the brisket, & the beans, & the cookies).

          Mark

          --- In stumptownshooters@yahoogroups.com, Shawn Buckman <icpyro@...> wrote:

          > Mark and Stumpies,
          >
          > Unfortunately somethings have come up and Gregg  and I will not be able to
          > attend the NYE festivities.  Sorry if this causes any problems.  I hope all goes
          > well.
          >
          > Shawn
          > Granger, IA
          >

          > ________________________________

        • pyrowoody2
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 22, 2010
            Hi All,

            Just heard from Goodner, he is currently employed and that has previously, caused some other problems but he called to confirm that he WILL be down early on New Year's day.

            I sent an email to both Matt and Andy to have them double-check me on the list of product (and did not hear back from either yet), but am not sweating that too much because I ran into a problem with scripting the show. The program does not seem to want to accept my soundtrack.

            This may be a situation where the system manufacturer is needed, but he & family are gone for the holidays not to return until the fifth of the New Year. I have a message on his voice mail (my emails got an automatic out-of-office reply), and am hoping he checks his cell phone message soon. If not, we may either shoot manually, or to the previous (Johnson County) script (it still works).

            It may be the difference between my (main) computer, running Win 7 and the Laptop, running XP - I don't know yet. Have a couple of ideas for making it work. Will see if they work.

            Gene has the Landowner's permissions, the Permits were supposed to be in the mailbox, yesterday (will check it today), and it looks like things are a go. Gotta get back to the script now to try and figure out what is wrong.

            See you all on New Year's.

            Stay Green and Play Safe,

            Mark
          • pyrowoody2
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 28, 2010
              Hi All,

              I've had a couple of inquiries in the last couple days on whether the show is still "on" with the weather forecast such as it is.

              Yes, as they say in the advertising business - "everything must go".

              Gerry Morgan cleaned off as much snow as he could with his tractor today. Matt and Andy set up all the racks already - flipping them all over to keep moisture out of them - and the hope is that if we do get rain - it will turn to a layer of ice - which is supposed to disappear on Friday with temps reaching (hopefully) mid 50s in the afternoon.

              Andy has been keeping tabs on it also and says we are now down to a 30% chance of rain. He also says we have plenty of tar paper for all the racks to keep things from getting wet if need be. I have done several 'network tests' using both wired and wireless boxes and that should work ok and with help from Deb, I managed to put together a 406' long box interconnect cable for between the upper level and the fields (won't need all the length but we have it on a spool when needed).

              In other news - I have gotten the soundtrack to play - with cues - and have the show choreographed. I've played it through in preview mode several times - it should look ok too, I think.

              Gene Zdrazil has gotten the Landowner's permissions, and we have the permit. I've made copies and sent them to Erica for printing out and a sheet explaining what "minimums" we need and where. Son Todd, is bringing ALICE over on Thursday or Friday and Andy will be taking the ST trailer down so we have everything we need on Thursday hopefully so things are on track for NY night. Andy and Gerry Morgan have been busy also collecting wood for the fire and Gene says breakfast will be ready at 7 an on NYE morning.

              We currently have one pop-up lined up for use and are trying to get a second one by this weekend so, we can take them around while dropping/wiring shells if needed.

              That's all the news that's fit to print for now.

              Stay Green and Play Safe,

              Mark