Lone Tree

  • Erica
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
      We do have one more show before NYE's and that is Lone Tree. It was originally set for Sat. Aug. 14th but just recently found out it was moved to Sat. Aug. 21st. Anyone interested in helping with the show please contact Matt Newhouse for further info.

      Thanks,
      Erica
    • pyrowoody2
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
        Yes,

        Sorry about that, its probably just because I will be at convention til the day it was supposed to be on and was not involved in it that I did not remember to mention LT.

        Maybe, since now it is going to be moved back a week, I could help a little (yes - still a very little).

        Matt is doing the "Lead" thing for that one. Please, anyone wanting to help with that one, contact Matt at mcnewho@... for details.

        No choreography needed on that one (but the firing system does do 'manual mode' as well if you want, Matt. (Let me know before Tuesday).

        Still have not heard back about our 'glitch' the other night.

        Be Green and Play Safe,

        Mark

        --- In stumptownshooters@yahoogroups.com, "Erica" <ejneuzil@...> wrote:

        > We do have one more show before NYE's and that is Lone Tree. It was originally set for Sat. Aug. 14th but just recently found out it was moved to Sat. Aug. 21st. Anyone interested in helping with the show please contact Matt Newhouse for further info.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Erica

      • Erica
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 17, 2010
          This Saturday is the Lone Tree show. For those who don't know, Lone Tree is just off of Hwy 22 east. As you turn south to head into Lone Tree, keep an eye out for the cemetery on your left. Behind the cemetery is where the shoot site is. If you could, please leave a note here if you can make it so we have an idea how many will be showing up.

          After this show is the Stumptown New Year's Eve show. That show will take as many hands as possible. I'm sure Mark will have postings for that one in the future, so stay turned into your local Stumptown site to catch them all.

          Thank you,
          Erica
        • Matthew Newhouse
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 17, 2010

            Thanks Erica!

            We’re planning on starting @ Noon to allow enough time for the parade to clear out.

            Please feel free to post here or contact me directly with any other questions regarding the shoot (319-461-7458).

            Thank you all.

            Matt

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2011

              I’m for it.

              Its that time again - I have been contacted by the Lone Tree people about the show there. They want to know if we are interested in doing the Show there again this year. We provided the labor last year - J&M provided the equipment,etc. to do the show - it went well - was received well - etc. Do we handle it the same way? Can we get some thoughts - a "show of hands" - etc? I have to get back to them soon.

              Thanks.

              Stay Green and Play Safe,

              Mark

            • pyrowoody2

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 8, 2011
                  Let me talk to Andy and see what he says about J&M but the question is when will they want to have it this year and who's all going to be around for it?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 8, 2011

                    I don't think I helped with Lone Tree last year but it sounds like it went well. Is this right after convention again or isn't that an issue?

                    Otherwise, if it worked well working with J & M last year I'd say that sounds good.

                    Brad

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 8, 2011

                      I think (and have to confirm), that it is on the 20th of August this tear. Somewhat later than its been and wont conflict with Convention. I will be there again.

                      Mark

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 10, 2011
                        Yes - Lone Tree is on the 20th this year, and should not interfere at all with convention week (its a week after). Matt - do you want to do the honors of lining things up again? Including me (count me as a quarter-helper), I believe we will have five or six helping out.

                        And;

                        ---------------------------------

                        This is a copy of an email, I sent to Dean Schade, of the IMWCA about the upcoming class. Please pass the info on, to anyone who you think needs or wants it. Anyone who either wants to take it, sit in for recertification, or help out, please let me know at: mswwse@... - thanks.

                        -----------------------------------

                        Hi Dean,

                        Sorry to have taken so long – I hope this is not past your deadlines for the newsletter, but, we have finally decided that on April 30th, the last weekend in April, and the Saturday AFTER Easter Sunday, we will be giving, what will probably be the last PGI Approved Shooter's Class, in Iowa of 2011.

                        Classroom Training will be held at the Hills Fire Station Meeting Room, 90 1st Street, Hills, IA 52235 (Enter off Oak Street – Left-hand Side, Rear-of-building, when Facing Main Doors), then we will drive to River Junction (about 5 miles), for the Hand-Fire Portion later in the Afternoon. Important: Apparel for shooting (each participant will shoot two shells, at least), should be Natural-Fiber, LONG-Sleeved, and Legged Clothing (Cotton or Wool), Hard-soled shoes, Ear and Eye Protection. NO shorts, t-shirts, and/or sandals/open-toed shoes, please.

                        Cost is: $100.00 General Public
                        $ 85.00 Iowa Pyrotechnic Association Members, Fire Department Shooters and members of other pyro clubs.

                        Cost does NOT include lunch but an hour at least, will be set aside to go & grab – numerous choices – from ½ block to 5 miles from the Hills Fire Station.

                        Please R.S.V.P. to: mswwse@... so we can keep an accurate head count – we need it for books, shells, etc.

                        For more info, go to www.stumptownshooters.org – `PGI Safety Courses' button, left-hand side of the page.

                        Pre-registration cutoff is Weekend PRIOR to Easter (16th/17th). Register/pay on-site. Cities, may be billed.

                        Regards,

                        Mark Woodburn