File - How to control your e-mails

  • studio-ni@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2010
      Since it's the start of the month and we've got a lot of new members, here are
      a few helpful pointers that will help everyone get the best use of this Group.

      Please remember, this is a SELF-SERVICE Group.
      You can change your e-mail Preferences at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/studio-ni/join
      It's the fast way to change to "daily digest", and add another e-mail address
      (or remove one, if you have too many registered).

      If you're getting too many e-mails, just send a blank e-mail to
      studio-ni-digest@yahoogroups.com
      This will put you on "daily digest" (one e-mail a day with all the messages in it). And if you want to stop getting e-mails altogether, e-mail
      studio-ni-nomail@yahoogroups.com and follow the instructions.

      - DELETE the bits of the message you don't want to repeat, and put your
      message at the BOTTOM. Top-posting is lazy, amateurish and childish.

      - If you want people to e-mail you off the list, put your e-mail address in the body of your message [or in your .sig].
      Some people seem to hit "reply", and thus send their response to the entire list!

      If you want to send Documents (or pictures) to the Group, here are the rules:

      Please note - the Studio-NI Group provides a free service to all our (currently
      over a THOUSAND!) members.
      It's a contributor-based Group, every message comes from the members themselves.

      NO F*CKING ATTACHMENTS! :-(

      If someone wants to share a document (Word, PDF, whatever) or a picture with the rest of the Group, don't just e-mail it.
      (including the "HTTP://" bit) as part of a plain-text message.

      If you use Flickr for hosting your photos, you can also join our Flickr Group:
      http://flickr.com/groups/studio-ni

      If you want to share a YouTube video, just add it to the Studio-NI YouTube
      Group: http://www.youtube.com/group/studioni

      PLEASE HELP OUR CHARITY! :)

      If a well-paid office-staffer just sends us the documents and expects our unpaid volunteers to do all the work for free,
      we'll be asking for a �10 donation to the "Curing Cancer" charity campaign for Action Cancer at
      http://www.justgiving.com/orbzine

      Good luck!